HybridZ

RB26 IAT sensor thread size

ZT-R

what in the sam hell kind of thread is this on the rb26 intake air temp sensor? it will only tighten up on a 1/4 npt at the head so i dont think that is it. plus my plugs that are 1/4 will not fit into the oem manifold. i need to weld a bung on my manifold for this....

• 1 year later...

looks like they are talking about the coolant sensor. I'm looking to confirm what the IAT sensor looks like. the reason is it looks exactly like the coolant sensor and in fact are interchangeable in my manifold. i just wanna make sure it wasn't there just to plug a hole. I have never used this sensor as the Vrpo had its own IAT sensor. Now that i'm going back with the stock style harness for the AEM system it will need a stock IAT sensor.

here are pics of the sensors.

The one i'm pointing at is obviously the water temp. The one below the throttle cable bracket is the sensor in question. I guess they would have about the same temp range??? and could interchange???

temp1.jpg

Edited by stony