HybridZ

Z31 lsd into a standard r200

I found a lsd in the junkyard and the spot it is in is a pain to remove. I was wondering if it is possible to just take the spider gears and install them in the diff i have now. Does anyone know if the internals are the same or different? I have the r200 now but it's an open diff. oh and i also have a 240z

I found a lsd in the junkyard and the spot it is in is a pain to remove. I was wondering if it is possible to just take the spider gears and install them in the diff i have now. Does anyone know if the internals are the same or different? I have the r200 now but it's an open diff. oh and i also have a 240z

The internals should be the same but its even more of a pain to remove the diff internals then it is to just remove the whole rear end. Endure the pain and get the whole unit out from under the Z31.

Yes, the 280Z stub shafts work with 240-280ZX, 510 and probably some other U jointed halfshafts. The problem for the OP is he has a 240, so he won't have those stub shafts to use, unless someone else already installed an R200 in his car. The yoke is also different, so his driveshaft won't line up. I put a list of parts needed in my big sticky diff post.