HybridZ

Look at this E88 I ran aross...

tyler031734

After trying to hunt down a set of flat top pistons I found some race motor I believe. Check out those intake runners!

Funny the exhaust hasn't been touched... I've found shims under the towers and by what the PO told me it had work done to it.

It was on a block with some 87mm domed Nismo pistons. stock l28 crank P30 and rods I haven't measured yet, but TDC the piston was above the deck. the head has a crane cam in need of a little resurfacing. Anyone know where I can look it up the numbers on the end to find the specs? Im thinking of throwing it in my Turbo car.

Anyone need a free flowing carb'd head? I've gone EFI a while ago...

if someone can get me how thick the head should be I can how far this has been shaved.

the other comparison head on the bottom is a smoothed out P90...

post-2846-040348300 1297394133_thumb.jpg

post-2846-005993800 1297394210_thumb.jpg

post-2846-074138300 1297394224_thumb.jpg

post-2846-003378300 1297394241_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hahah i suppose. did you ever put the thing on?

Nope sold it to a member here. Im waiting to hear from him on how it runs.

I found it with a bunch of race parts from a racer that passed away. (Bought from son)

also got a crane cam low hours, 87mm atsugi dome tops, and a water pump made by atsugi? lol

but the rest of that im using!

does anyone know how to tell a high flow oil pump from a normal one? I want to see if the pump was a high flow unit.

Nope sold it to a member here. Im waiting to hear from him on how it runs.

I found it with a bunch of race parts from a racer that passed away. (Bought from son)

also got a crane cam low hours, 87mm atsugi dome tops, and a water pump made by atsugi? lol

but the rest of that im using!

does anyone know how to tell a high flow oil pump from a normal one? I want to see if the pump was a high flow unit.

wow thats hard core. i couldnt sell my dads stuff...

• 5 weeks later...

Funny that all the work is done on the intake side. The exhaust on the L6 heads is where the work needs to be done. I bet someone got halfway through the project and shelved it for some reason.

Well when I got it, it still had the head gasket mated to it and sitting next to the short block. Looked to be a runner. My question always was what intake was he using???

My knowledge is that is the weak spot in the Z motor. If you don't count detonation!

I could have swore my but dyno noticed a difference in normal putt putt driving around in just shaving of the bumps for the injector bolts in the runners!

And Black240, Ive been selling parts for the last few years. Some stuff sits on the shelf for years! One day someone calls and has to have it now!!! Key is patents and the right price of course.

Funny that all the work is done on the intake side. The exhaust on the L6 heads is where the work needs to be done. I bet someone got halfway through the project and shelved it for some reason.

"i guess ill update this thread, seems the head needs work in the combustion chambers."

Gross typo? :huh:

"i guess ill update this thread, seems the head needs work in the combustion chambers."

Gross typo? :huh:

Hey tony, remember that other thread "can i keep it", and z31p said they chambers look like the had sigh grooves. This is the same head. I was resurfacing the valve seats seems the first one i did was good, but continuing on 2 seats in a row were grinding unevenly only catching a portion of the seat even tried different cutting chips. Seems most of the seats were dropped too far in. The exhaust ports are next and probably well get some valve seats but for now it will sit. Ill take pics pater today.

When you said this:

"Seriously, why did they feel the need to stake the seats in that fashion? Not enough heat on the head and no N2 to shrink the seats on installation---so they figure "punching them will tighten 'em up good 'nuff!"

Edited by mistah mofro