HybridZ

Need a very specific picture of an L-series valve cover

iBang

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but better than nothing. I'm looking for a specific picture of an L-series valve cover, specifically this one:

img_1635.jpg

Credit to rossman, pic is borrowed from his build thread.

I need a picture looking straight down onto the top of the valve cover and I need it at as high a resolution as possible. I'm going to base some cad work off of it so I need it to be reasonably close to straight overhead - I can work it a bit in photoshop for it being a few degrees off but any more than that and its no good.

Would someone with one of these mind ducking into their garage and snapping a picture? I'd really appreciate it and it might lead to something pretty cool for the members of this board down the line a bit.

Thanks in advance!

Cad work is largely complete! Here's what you helped create:

rb-valve-cover.jpg

A center coil pack cover for RB25 that is "inspired" by the old L-series valve covers. I think it came out looking pretty nice! Pretty close to what I was going for originally, don't you think?

img_1635.jpg

Now I just need to find a machine shop to CNC this thing for me out of some aluminum. That plus a little powder coat and I'll have a nice new center garnish for my RB25

Edited by iBang

My oldest Son would dig one of those for the RB he's swapping into his M30! Then his engine would "match" mine AND his younger brothers...

I've got a thread gauging interest in getting a run of these made going in the RB forum. If I get enough interest, I'll get a few made.

Hmm, that picture looks familiar! I guess you don't need another picture from me?

Thanks but yeah, I put a post here at the same time I PM'd you and got plenty of responses here quickly.