HybridZ

240Z on Car Warroir tonight

deja

This is my first time even finding out about this show since I normally avoid reality shows like the plague. So far one of the cars has ambitious design, but it looks like both teams have their heads up their asses.

That's the problem with all these shows. Seems like American Chopper started looking like a ass is a good thing. At least thta seems what the producers think.

That custom Z was a shame IMHO and was that Glen Smith the head of Motorsports Auto at the end?

Do not like. I've never even watched the show before but a coworker called me up last night and told me about it and that they'd be doing a 240Z, I figured it'd be worth a watch but I was wrong. I wish I could erase the Speed Racer Z from my brain. Definitely did not like what the old man said at the end, ". . . .it's still a datsun", what exactly is the problem with that?

It's a shame that two nice Z's got ruined but can't take what either of those teams said or did too seriously, they really all seemed like idiots. I laughed at the argument the challengers had during the design stage when the team leader said it was going to be a Euro Inspired Racecar and the other guy says "It's not F****** eurpean!" ahaha.

It was horrid. At least one of the two cars was recognizable as a S30.

The "All Stars" car handled better? Granted they had different wheel / tire combos but is it really that different. They showed nothing what they did, if any, with brakes or suspension other than W/T combo.

I really doubt the "Experts" opinions.

Edited by JSM

The challengers car had the worst paint job ever! You could see how bad it was at any angle. It was so orange peeled it looked textured. I can't believe they didn!t even flare it. Was cool that they made their own carbon fiber bits but it looked like they didn't get to clear coat them.

I totally forgot they "Challengers" didn't fill the bumper relief in the back either. What's really sad is they will probably end up on eBay and fetch crazy money. It would have been nice to see the fire that started on the "Speed Racer" finish it off completely.

198169_198393896850606_183760148313981_594273_5506067_n.jpg

189090_198394610183868_183760148313981_594289_4597522_n.jpg

Edited by JSM

The right front wheel was wobbling while the red car was on the slalom course from bad bearings or worn out bushings!! These guys didn't giva a crap about handling or anything for that matter. What a bunch of a**holes. Should flame thier website!! I think anyone on this site could have done a better job on a Z in 72 hours.

Perhaps, but you have to admit they did a lot of fairly impressive work in a very short amount of time. I don't really give a **** about the interior stuff, but I'd love to have those tools and talent to apply towards what I'd wanna do. Also wouldn't be averse to a parts-cage of MSA stuff I didn't have to pay for. :D

Dave