HybridZ

Post some blacked out ZX's or ZX's with ZG flares

BluDestiny

Looking for Ideas to paint my ZX. I want to do Black on black with black trim, kind of what it looks like now but I don't know if it will look good on a 2+2. Yes I know the racing stripe was sorta lame, but I had to do something to offset the shoddy spray paint. Looked through all 50+ pages in the s130 sign in for inspiration but nothing really caught my eye/isn't what I want to do.

This is what it looks like now: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/90697-diamond-racing-rims-on-a-zx/page__p__859614__hl__%2Bdiamond+%2Bracing__fromsearch__1#entry859614

I also still need to put on my Gnose bumper so that will make it look more normal instead of having a larger rear length, along with side skirts and maybe a FB rear end. But for right now just the Gnose is going on.

Some other paint choices I was thinking about was gloss red with black trim(powdercoating it) and a darker silver(not gunmetal) with black trim.

Also I love the look of ZG flares and have only seen a few JDM ZX's with them. I was wondering if anyone has any more pics of a ZX with ZG flares, not the whole widebody.

I know this is sort of a biased question but since everyone in the S30 forum posts threads about certain colors, we should be able to also.

Edit: forget the ZG flares did more searching and found a thread with it

Edited by BluDestiny

• 2 months later...

My markers are blacked out, it looks really mean. I want to do the hatch and windshield trim soon, but need to find some blackout tape or something. My brother also had blacked out tails on a OD green zx and those looked really good.

I have all black trim and tinted headlight covers. I like the look of it myself with my gunmetal wheels. All I need to do is tint my windows. On the interior I am currently trying out carbon fiber accents.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for Ideas to paint my ZX. I want to do Black on black with black trim, kind of what it looks like now but I don't know if it will look good on a 2+2. Yes I know the racing stripe was sorta lame, but I had to do something to offset the shoddy spray paint. Looked through all 50+ pages in the s130 sign in for inspiration but nothing really caught my eye/isn't what I want to do.

This is what it looks like now: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/90697-diamond-racing-rims-on-a-zx/page__p__859614__hl__%2Bdiamond+%2Bracing__fromsearch__1#entry859614

I also still need to put on my Gnose bumper so that will make it look more normal instead of having a larger rear length, along with side skirts and maybe a FB rear end. But for right now just the Gnose is going on.

Some other paint choices I was thinking about was gloss red with black trim(powdercoating it) and a darker silver(not gunmetal) with black trim.

Also I love the look of ZG flares and have only seen a few JDM ZX's with them. I was wondering if anyone has any more pics of a ZX with ZG flares, not the whole widebody.

I know this is sort of a biased question but since everyone in the S30 forum posts threads about certain colors, we should be able to also.

Edit: forget the ZG flares did more searching and found a thread with it

1982 280zx, auto trans. Painted June 2008.post-6543-077959400 1308974514_thumb.jpg

post-6543-080284600 1308974140_thumb.gif

post-6543-059936300 1308974218_thumb.jpg