HybridZ

RB25 Water Pump Pulley

jakeoster

I searched around Google and have not really found any solid water pump pulley replacements for the RB25. Anyone know where to get one or a USDM one that would work? I read on some random forum that a KA one might work but they did'nt seem too sure.

If your wondering, the reason I need one is because the water pump pulley flange on my engine came a little bent and I could not get the pulley to seat properly. So in a moment of haste and stupidity many moons ago, I knurled the water pump flange so it would not slip anymore. It was a very stupid "fix" as the pulley wobbled considerably and I made the commitment to fix it this time around. So needless to say it was stuck on for dear life and it took a crowbar and a screw driver to work it off which left it slightly bent. I don't want anymore pulley problems so I really want to fix everything 100% this time around.

Thanks guys.

Edited by jakeoster

I just went out and checked if I still had it. Brand new powder coated. I hate to sell it to you.... got anything to trade .. icon_mrgreen.gif

Woops... I'm no longer sure if this is a RB or L pulley..... sorry bout that!

The OEM pulley is much flatter... :(

post-181-061022300 1304832982_thumb.jpg

^ yea, that's an L pulley, thanks for checking though Joel!

Hmm, this search for the pulley is a little harder than I thought. I don't really want to put back the one I have on it but I also don't want to spend $100+ on an aftermarket one. Maybe it will bend back when I torque it back on, it's just slightly bent. On the other hand I don't want anything funky anymore since I spent the time and money to change the harmonic damper, waterpump, and timing belt.

Edited by jakeoster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread but i am having a similer problem with my water pulley and i am curious to know if the pulley flange is supposed to come off the shaft easily or is it pressed on. Mine is really loose and i am having a hard time getting it to stay on. If any one knows more about these, I would greatly appreciate the info.

I'm hoping to avoid replacing the pump.