So I'm trying to upgrade the stock fuel injectors to 440cc injectors and am having trouble figuring out if I can easily install high impedance injectors on my setup. I have put myself in a bad place by not thoroughly documenting my build, purchasing products with no longer existing support and lack of understanding of how said products work (Note to self, don't do that!).
Story is I purchased and installed a Megasquirt (v3?) and harness from FricFrac right before he went AWOL, and with his limited help and the help of some good local people I was able to get my car running pretty well. My communications with Fricfrac were often confusing, mostly my fault for lack of understanding and planning, and i failed to document what exactly i had purchased from him. During setup it became apparent that FricFrac may have built my megasqurit under the impression that i was already running 440cc injectors, while i actually was running stock injectors. I believe we adjusted the the REQ fuel settings to adjust for this. I do not remember making any changes to PWM settings. I had the car tuned by a local guy, and then checked over by TimZ and was able to enjoy driving it through the summer with minimal issue. Now I would like to upgrade the injectors and have been having trouble deciding what to do because I don't know what I have and I am unable to contact the one person who would know for sure. I need help figuring out what i have exactly so i can move forward.
l28et(81) mostly stock + intercooler and exhuast
stock injectors, removed factory resistor pack
Megasquirt V? and harness built by FricFrac (i believe it was V3 i requested, but i need to find a way to verify)
Would like to upgrade injectors and turbo
1. What version MS do I have?
2. What impedance Injectors is it currently set up for?
3. If I am set up for low impedance Injectors, am I using PWM, a Flyback board or Resistors?
4. If I am set up for high impedance injectors, are my PWM setting correct, or am i at risk of burning something out?
5. If I decide to use low impedance 440cc injectors, does a stock bodied injector exist? (barbed fitting, same fits the manifold without modification)
6. If I decide to use high impedence 440cc, can i just install them, disable PWM and tune? ( I know the answer for this depends on the answer for Q's 1,2, and 3)
I attached a couple of pics and an MSQ. Let me know if i need to clarify or there is any other info i can grab/screen shot.
Thanks in advance guys!