HybridZ

240z big mouth exhaust

Corner muffler shop with a wire feed welder, a lift, and a package of Mandrel U-Bends available from any number of linked businesses in the various threads that discuss large exhausts here are the site.

Want in one hand, search with the other, and see which gives you the better results!

:blink:

I know you mentioned that you didn't want to custom make one.. but i had mine custom made and I love it.

I got the Vibrant 3in turbo back muffler and a 18inch "high flow" resonator. I don't regret me choice at all

39201_1594120212722_1227425926_31701458_4484071_n.jpg

39498_1594487741910_1227425926_31702784_2212280_n.jpg

And my buddy has a custom made 3in exhaust too.

38815_1594487661908_1227425926_31702783_1313750_n.jpg

40333_1594120652733_1227425926_31701462_1582941_n.jpg

hi sir

thanks for your help.i like your choice please let me where can i find the same parts to build this exhaust system and how much it cost.what is the name of the brand high flow resonator?and the muffler also?

thanks

The cost for labor at most shops will be under $200, the whole package of mandrel bends is no more than that. All depends on how fancy you want to get with the mufflers. I would be hard pressed to spend more than $500 on the exhaust using conventional mufflers with ricer tips. And that's taking it to the corner muffler shop. Got a torch? Weld it yourself and save $200 --- it ain't rocket science!

• 1 month later...

hi sir

thanks for your help.i like your choice please let me where can i find the same parts to build this exhaust system and how much it cost.what is the name of the brand high flow resonator?and the muffler also?

thanks

Itzgoten,

Any chance you could make a video clip of the exhaust sound? Curious as to how the vibrant system sounds....

^ I second that!

OMG.. I totally forgot about this post and didn't check back for some time.. Sorry guys.. I'll try and find something.. I have some in-car race vids and maybe a short vid of me passing on the front straight.. but the car isn't running now because of some motor issues so I can't do a video where I rev it at a stop.. sorry..

I'm uploading a video of the Z on the back straight and a video of the Z when it was on the dyno.. maybe that'll give some idea of the deep tone it makes as well.

Sorry again for sucking so bad.. no good videos and for the late response.. LOL

here is the Z on the back straight at Thunderhill Raceway..

and here is a video of the car on the dyno..

I'll see if we can get my buddy's blue Z on video after he figures out his manifold/exhaust leak issue

Edited by itzgoten

IMO I hope when I am forced to sell mine, they don't ruin it by putting ricer fart cans on it

and other useless rice items.

Well to each their own.. My car is completely functional and I didnt get unnecessary parts just because. The muffler alone is worth a lot and not to mention the custom piping and resonator.

Edited by itzgoten

IMO I hope when I am forced to sell mine, they don't ruin it by putting ricer fart cans on it

and other useless rice items.

Funny! Because any "legit" performance items have to be period correct? Maybe if they performed on the same level as the newer "ricer" items. Some might say that ZG flares are "ricer" items...FYI, the SR needs a straight through design muffler to make the best power. I went through seven different systems with my old SR setup on my 180SX back in Japan. The conventional turbo muffler designs never performed as well as a straight through "fart can", even with 3" systems (Kakimoto, Fujitsu). BTW, my lower HP combo (internally actuated turbo) did 390 rwhp, and my built setup (external wastegate) did 522 rwhp, both on pump gas...

Kameari has the muffler your looking for. Also spirit garage Japan. S30 specific no modification unless it's where it meets with the manifold. These set ups will cost a pretty penny.

@surfer.tech.. I looked up the exhaust.. pretty penny INDEED! WOW.. My setup only ran me like half of that.. its super authentic and nice though.. wonder how hard it would be to source the Spirit Garage one.. it was difficult to search up.

The cost for labor at most shops will be under $200, the whole package of mandrel bends is no more than that. All depends on how fancy you want to get with the mufflers. I would be hard pressed to spend more than $500 on the exhaust using conventional mufflers with ricer tips. And that's taking it to the corner muffler shop. Got a torch? Weld it yourself and save $200 --- it ain't rocket science!

As usual, Tony's right.

I did mine with this (well, actually there were two 180° bends...) :

http://moksha.homelinux.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=16136&g2_serialNumber=2

Tacked:

http://moksha.homelinux.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=16278&g2_serialNumber=2

TIG'ed (since it was stainless):

http://moksha.homelinux.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=16281&g2_serialNumber=2

Installed:

http://moksha.homelinux.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=16294&g2_serialNumber=2

The trick is to have the barrel/muffler to sit as far back as possible and slightly angle inorder to have the tip to clear the factory cutout.

Here's a clear example of what i'm talking about:

IMGP4305_convert_20110219170335.jpg

As you can see a 4" tip will work w/o hacking the car.

@surfer.tech.. I looked up the exhaust.. pretty penny INDEED! WOW.. My setup only ran me like half of that.. its super authentic and nice though.. wonder how hard it would be to source the Spirit Garage one.. it was difficult to search up.

Its not hard to source. You just have to find a parts shop willing to get it here. My Fujitsubo Legalis-R (twin tipped, slashed cut) for my S30 was very hard to source. These setups will all be made to order, so the rarity itself is worth it. Not only that but the craftsmanship is unbelievable. I will also be getting a Kameari header (octopus style) for my L24. They tell me its a piece of artwork. My motto to modifying this car is save for the part you want and only buy once.

My motto to modifying this car is save for the part you want and only buy once.

I wish I could say the same. Seems like I plan it once and buy it a few times.. aurgh.. I did my exhaust 3 times already. First time the exhaust "gave up".. internals would rattle when you give it gas.. go figure when you buy crap off of ebay.. So I went and got a high end muffler and resonator.. and the 3rd time I decided to go full v-band with my new motor setup.. If I had a L series I would have went your route too.. but for what I have it's not an option