#401 winstonusmc

winstonusmc

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationHavelock, NC

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

I am glad to see you finally put the check engine light to use. I like your location for the light, I might have to copy it. I am pretty sure I labeled the neutral safety switch on the harness, which might have something to do with it, or the clutch safety switch. Either way, you could just check codes periodically.

'72 240z w/ RB25DE ITB MS3/MS3X

http://forums.hybrid...40z-rb25de-itb/

#402 ~KnuckleDuster~

~KnuckleDuster~

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

I might have the wife get me this for my B-Day..Nissan consult adapter and some Data scan software. For around $150 it seems like a great tool to have. Then eventually I can go Nistune if I go with the ITB route so I can actually program the ECU to my liking.

1973 240z _Click Here_     GoKart -   Click Here

#403 Ereschkigal

Ereschkigal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

I always read in the s13 community to avoid Nistune in favor of Ecu Master or Haltech or something like that. Just this morning a friend told me about Realdash support for Ecu Master.

edit: I just asked him again why to avoid Nistune,he said because it's relatively expensive and has less functions than a stand alone ecu.

He may be biased because he just bought an ECU Mastere ecu for his JZ swap  :P

Edited by Ereschkigal, 22 February 2017 - 12:01 AM.

#404 ~KnuckleDuster~

~KnuckleDuster~

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

Thanks I appreciate the input, I'll have to look into those guys as well. Glad to know there's a few options out there for obd1.

#405 winstonusmc

winstonusmc

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationHavelock, NC

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

Especially if you go ITB. Any MAF computer will not know how to handle open air ITB. Unless you are planning to run the plenum, that would just be silly, JK. I though about running the plenum in the beginning when I had problems with the MS3 not revving, but those days are long gone. Haltech elite 750 is a good option, and isn't too expensive. I know a guy that can hook you up to wire that...

#406 ~KnuckleDuster~

~KnuckleDuster~

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

Especially if you go ITB. Any MAF computer will not know how to handle open air ITB. Unless you are planning to run the plenum, that would just be silly, JK. I though about running the plenum in the beginning when I had problems with the MS3 not revving, but those days are long gone. Haltech elite 750 is a good option, and isn't too expensive. I know a guy that can hook you up to wire that...

If and when, I do plan on running the plenum since I've got everything for it already and I can focus on getting that running right before I go all out crazy haha. The company that makes the manifold adapter plate says you won't be able to run VCT with it but there in the process of making an adapter to retain VCT. If I can keep VCT on the car I'll likely go for it. How did you get around this?

#407 winstonusmc

winstonusmc

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationHavelock, NC

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

I have known people that run the spacer and they had to delete the VCT. Mine never had the VCT. I use the RB25DE block from the R32, it wasn't VCT. I did this because it didn't have the oil passage that runs the system and uses the same head gasket as the RB26. This allowed me to bolt the RB26 head and ITBs to it. So no solenoid for me, or spacer.

#408 ~KnuckleDuster~

~KnuckleDuster~

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 4 weeks ago

The car had another episode of what seemed to be running on 5 cylinders again. Now that I know what that feels like I suspected another coil pack had kicked the bucket. Check engine light was on and sure enough another coil pack died 20 miles or so after the last one. Figured the 11 year old coils were done for so ordered a whole set of OEM packs. I was considering Splitfires but heard stories of them going out quickly. For an N/A motor I'm sure the Nissan units are just fine.

gallery_2013_1393_254649.jpg

Figured this was a good opportunity to finally get rid of the old nasty valve covers. I was anxious to see the condition of the inside of the heads and to my surprise there was zero burnt or or sludge anywhere. It looked brand new inside.

gallery_2013_1393_316989.jpg

gallery_2013_1393_387686.jpg

Looks good with out all that non sense on top..

gallery_2013_1393_436380.jpg

All back together. I painted the Neo Sraight 6 lettering silver to match the other lettering.

gallery_2013_1318_464775.jpg

gallery_2013_1318_666754.jpg

Test drove her with the new coil packs and shes feeling better than ever. Sounding nice and healthy too!

#409 boosted300

boosted300

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 4 weeks ago

Looking good!

#410 docaam

docaam

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDubai

Posted 5 days ago

Sorry must have missed it where you got these headers from I am looking if there is anything off the shelf for my RB25/30 project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users