HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Marlinfoto

240z coilovers options for racing

Lots of options available:  Techno Toy Tuning (T3), Arizona Z Car, and Ground Control (GC) are some of the more popular coilover conversions; and all work well for most racing applications.  If you haven't done so yet, check out the "Brakes, Wheels, Suspension, and Chassis" section in the FAQs.  TONS of great info there.

You can also fab your own coilovers if you want a more custom setup, which is what I did:  universal sleeves, Swift springs, and Bilstein shocks.

Good thing you have welding and fabrication skills....you're going to need them with these old cars!  Good luck with whatever route you choose.

It kind of depends. In the end it is about the shock and getting a good quality spring. AZ ones have kind of been a secret, but you can get pretty much anything you want with a GC setup that fits. Koni race shocks are popular, I've heard of some others using ohlins (sp?) shocks for circuits. 

The off the shelf models I wouldn't really think of using for serious track driving (cx, megan, stance, BC) they don't really allow for good enough damping control at least in lighter cars from what I've found. Feal does offer rebuilds with more quality components, but depending on your use they may still be inadequate.

I guess it boils down to what kind of racing?