HybridZ

3" exhaust = lower rpm on highway?

ZR8ED

As some have probably read from my other posts, that my 3" exhaust is on and working well. Exhaust smell is dramatically reduced.

One quick question.

since the exhaust change, my rpm's are now lower on the highway compared to before.

ie 3000rpm came at 120kph.

add the new exhaust, and 3000rpm now gets me 130kph (approx) and 2700rpm gets me 120kph.

How is this possible?

Scott.

The new exhaust is lighter, so less load on the rear wheels, the car compresses them less, larger effective diameter thus higher speed for the same engine revs.

Actually I don't know. If you have an automatic transmission then there could be something with less torque converter slip. Other than that it just may be the accuracy of the tach and/or speedo has changed. If it is an electronic speedo, maybe the sensor was disconnected and reconnected so there is a better and/or lesser quality signal?

Or maybe your eyes are just in better focus due to the lower carbon monoxide levels.

Hey Scott!

That can't be possible with a manual transmission. The engine is mechanically linked to the wheels, so there's no way. In an automatic, I could see it happening because of the torque converter. Either something else has changed, or you're not remembering the RPM's properly.

Use this transmission calculator to find out what the correct speed to rpm should be...

http://www.geocities.com/z_design_studio/

Cheers!

Nigel

The 3" exhaust has reduced backpressure to the point that a low pressure area exists in the tubing causing the high pressure air in the tires to be pulled to the inside. This increases the inside OD of the tire which, with the negative camber that you're running, correlates to a reduction in operating rpm of 300. If you decrease the negative camber by .23 degrees you'll get back that 300 rpm.

The 3" exhaust has reduced backpressure to the point that a low pressure area exists in the tubing causing the high pressure air in the tires to be pulled to the inside. This increases the inside OD of the tire which, with the negative camber that you're running, correlates to a reduction in operating rpm of 300. If you decrease the negative camber by .23 degrees you'll get back that 300 rpm.

You can't be serious, right? :confused2

Good stuff! That boggled my mind faster than a Grumpyvette post!

You can't be serious, right?

Absolutely. With the low pressure in the exhaust the Dp-brane superstring as part of the relativistic paradox inside the tire carcass is vectored toward the inner spacial area.

Under this condition, the endpoints of strings are free to move about but no momentum can flow into or out of the end of a string. The T duality infers the existence of open strings with positions fixed in the dimensions that are T-transformed. Generally, in type II theories, we can imagine open strings with specific positions for the end-points in some of the dimensions. This lends an inference that they must end on a preferred surface. Superficially, this notion seems to break the relativistic invariance of the theory, possibly leading to a paradox. The resolution of this paradox is that strings end on a p-dimensional dynamic object, the Dp-brane.

Absolutely. With the low pressure in the exhaust the Dp-brane superstring as part of the relativistic paradox inside the tire carcass is vectored toward the inner spacial area.

Under this condition' date=' the endpoints of strings are free to move about but no momentum can flow into or out of the end of a string. The T duality infers the existence of open strings with positions fixed in the dimensions that are T-transformed. Generally, in type II theories, we can imagine open strings with specific positions for the end-points in some of the dimensions. This lends an inference that they must end on a preferred surface. Superficially, this notion seems to break the relativistic invariance of the theory, possibly leading to a paradox. The resolution of this paradox is that strings end on a p-dimensional dynamic object, the Dp-brane.[/quote']

iagree.gif

Hmmm,

Modified string theory employed to describe an easily diagnosed problem.

I'LL BUY IT!

Actually, there is no RPM change and you are bull$#!%%ing us. Right, ZR8ED? Otherwise, you def. changed something else other than just the exhaust if the rpm's changed and you have a manual tranny with a good clutch. What you suggest is unpossible IMHO...

Under this condition' date=' the endpoints of strings are free to move about but no momentum can flow into or out of the end of a string. The T duality infers the existence of open strings with positions fixed in the dimensions that are T-transformed. Generally, in type II theories, we can imagine open strings with specific positions for the end-points in some of the dimensions. This lends an inference that they must end on a preferred surface. Superficially, this notion seems to break the relativistic invariance of the theory, possibly leading to a paradox. The resolution of this paradox is that strings end on a p-dimensional dynamic object, the Dp-brane.[/quote']

Ahh, now I get it. By transmogrifying the nth-dimensional temporal Wronskian, he's managed to vectorize the scalar equilibria. Tricky, but he should be careful: if the flux capacitor generates the wrong multiphasic interference pattern, he could rip open a hole in the space-time continuum, releasing enough anti-leptons to effectively annhiliate our entire universe (and possibly a few parallel ones).

to the song of "I can see clearly now the rain is gone"

I can see clearly now that the exhaust is gone..

I agree with Pop n Wood. I can think better in the car as well..

I am getting better gas mileage (less throttle to maintain the same speed as before) , and no fumes in the car, except when I shift and the blow off valve lets out metered air, and the car goes rich for a second. hehehe

John C. That is some funny "Sheeeeit"

JOHNC

the first time I read that,

"The 3" exhaust has reduced backpressure to the point that a low pressure area exists in the tubing causing the high pressure air in the tires to be pulled to the inside. This increases the inside OD of the tire which, with the negative camber that you're running, correlates to a reduction in operating rpm of 300. If you decrease the negative camber by .23 degrees you'll get back that 300 rpm."

I was amused and wondered if anyone would take your post seriously, for an instant! then I re-read it and was SURE no one would for even an instant, but I could see the humor, potentially ...

then I read this........."Good stuff! That boggled my mind faster than a Grumpyvette post!"

by wpnmkr

and I don,t know what to think????