HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't posted much of my car lately, so here goes...

Bright red engine paint really makes it look 100% better:

DSCN1673.jpg

The brakes are done:

DSCN1661.jpg

DSCN1667.jpg

DSCN1666.jpg

I got the Evo intercooler mounted:

DSCN1701.jpg

DSCN1702.jpg

I had to install a cheap tube and fin oil cooler in place of the stock one due to packaging issues:

DSCN1703.jpg

Pipes all welded up:

DSCN1704.jpg

I installed a new sandwich plate which came with the oil cooler:

DSCN1706.jpg

DSM BOV location. Still need a bypass hose going to the MAF to turbo boot:

DSCN1705.jpg

I did a lot of rewiring and cut out all of the wires that I didn't need. I ran the injector wires through an old A/C pipe hole in the firewall:

DSCN1708.jpg

I got a MSA urethane air dam since I thought the car looked odd with the 280Z front valance and a 240Z bumper:

DSCN1709.jpg

I also painted the rockers with some sorta close rustoleum paint so that I could pull off the trim. I tried to paint another area on the car and it really doesn't match. Oh well. I'll repaint it soon.

DSCN1683.jpg

idea here for my 2+2....i have recently put in some bucket seats and racing harnesses....they bolt down to the rear strut towers. seeing as i never put anyone in the back, or rarely even the passenger seat, and the harnesses sorta kill the use of the rear....why not take the rear out??

instead build a nice sound system to put in its place!

280z turbo, what are the specs on the motor? What size turbo you running? I gotta say, the only thing I have a real problem with is the piping. Poor choice of material...

Post up them specs!

I chose stainless steel bends because it was cheap and easily weldable. I have no idea why you have a problem with that.

It's a stock motor with a stock turbo.

idea here for my 2+2....i have recently put in some bucket seats and racing harnesses....they bolt down to the rear strut towers. seeing as i never put anyone in the back, or rarely even the passenger seat, and the harnesses sorta kill the use of the rear....why not take the rear out??

instead build a nice sound system to put in its place!

I took my rear seat out because the back rest was in such horrible shape and it was the wrong color.

I'm working on building up a flat cargo floor + storage bin in its place.

I chose stainless steel bends because it was cheap and easily weldable. I have no idea why you have a problem with that.

It's a stock motor with a stock turbo.

Oh really? Well your one pic showed the motor out of the car so I assumed it was built.

steel likes to keep heat where as aluminum gets rid of it faster for lower AIT's. Thats all. Tho being it stock I don't believe it will be too much of an issue.

Oh really? Well your one pic showed the motor out of the car so I assumed it was built.

steel likes to keep heat where as aluminum gets rid of it faster for lower AIT's. Thats all. Tho being it stock I don't believe it will be too much of an issue.

The intercooler's job is to shed heat, not the piping.

recent update.....not only do i now have bucket seats and 4 point harnesses, but now my roll bar is back in the car. boy does that stiffen up the ride of the car. and now with the upgraded sway bars, the handling of this car is superb!

really! I am going to have to remember that! Its just a roll bar that you put in? Any pics? Did you have it custom fabricated? Can someone still fit in the back seat if needed?

Actually I have my own update. I just got the JCI motor and tranny mounts, and the driveshaft. I'm getting more and more motivated every day! Sucks cause I am working doubles for the next week then this weekend I am working. The weekend after I have mayhem fest and then the weekend after that I promised my girl that I would replace her water pump (yes, its going to take all weekend, gotta love Quad4s, lol).

yes it is just a roll bar. no pics at the moment but i can get some. it came in my other 2+2 that i got, "bob sharp racing". someone can fit in the back seat if needed but with the way i have my harnesses setup, i keep the seat down. i will eventually be eliminating the rear seat

• 2 weeks later...