HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

I have been working on a new computer install. All wired up and the tuner is meant to come out tonight so that we can get her started (It has been over a year since it was last running, man time flies). Then fingers crossed it will be on a dyno before Christmas. Also made some changes along the way, you can see some of my progress in these.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=139854

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=141981

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Just wondering how your progressing with your projects. This thread seems to have gone a tad quiet. Have a good christmas and a happy new year.

Finally ready to start assembling my motor. Work is keeping me busy, I feel fortunate to have a job these days.

Block now has a fresh coat of paint.

rb30a_12_2_2008.jpg

Rotating assembly ready to assemble. I am taking my time measuring out the ring end gaps.

rb30d_12_2_2008.jpg

Well I just got most of the stuff together on my car, right now trying to find a good muffler to go on it.

Went to the muffler shop and they put on a magnaflow, which made the car to ricer for me, what have ya'll done muffler wise thats not to loud? Something thats good for cruising, not racing.

Trust me driving with out a muffler and straight pipes gets annoying real fast.

Thats how my car came when I bought it. I couldnt idle outside my house without ticking off the neighbors at night.

I heard people have put 40 series flowmasters in the car, making it a tight fit. I was kinda wondering about the 60 series.

What about the kits that msa sells? I heard all 2+2 owners have to do is get an extender pipe of 12"

My tuner came out yesterday morning. Tested all the inputs and outputs (they were all wired correctly, that's what you get for being an anal engineer).

He loaded a Base map and it fired straight away. :2thumbs:

Man it has been a long time since I heard that sound, man it sounded good. (Lot louder than I remembered too, will have to get use to it again).

Now it is driveable it is looking like it will be on the dyno on next saturday. Just 6 more sleepless nights waiting for that.:)

Trust me driving with out a muffler and straight pipes gets annoying real fast.

Thats how my car came when I bought it. I couldnt idle outside my house without ticking off the neighbors at night.

I heard people have put 40 series flowmasters in the car, making it a tight fit. I was kinda wondering about the 60 series.

What about the kits that msa sells? I heard all 2+2 owners have to do is get an extender pipe of 12"

From what I know all the 2+2 exhaust is is the coupes with an addition section of strait pipe under the floors. Thats what it looks like.

Honestly you guys have inspired me. I've been trying to sell my 76' 2+2 because I wanted to get a coupe for my L28ET that's going to come out of my 280ZXT Daily. Anyway I figured since I can't seem to sell it maybe I'll just work on building it up. You guys have definitely made me feel good about going the 2+2 route!

As far as I know there really isnt a 2+2 spoiler. The normal BRE spoiler "ducktail" can be made to fit and it acutually looks really good, it just doesnt extend all the way to the outsides of the rear end. But like I said, it still looks really good. Go back 5-6 pages and look at jay28s car, he has one on his.

There IS a specific spoiler made for the 2+2, both in the IMSA style, as well as the original 'kick tail' BRE style. The 2+2 versions were moulded with different angles on the mounting portion of the base to accomodate the different hatch angle.

The smaller "BRE" style spoiler was an OEM fitment in Europe, and there exists different Nissan Part numbers for coupe and 2+2.

Similarly the 4 and 6" IMSA spoilers (the three piece ones that wrap down over the quarter panels) are / were also available in Coupe or 2+2.

Gokiburi, he he he...I know what that means!:mrgreen:

I got an 18" straight piece of 2.5" pipe from the tubing section of Pep Boys, and added it in the transmission tunnel at the end of their intermediate pipe... I hung the muffler end, and trimmed accordingly so it fit nicely.

It could have been 12", but I got 18 and trimmed to fit to make sure I wasn't going back 2X because I might find out it was a hair over a shorter piece...

What I cut off may have been 6"...I don't remember. But all I did to make it fit my 260 2+2 was add that length of pipe to the coupe exhaust system they sell.

I just bought another 2+2 this time it is a 77. This one is orange and rusty. It also has the flinstone break option. Got my work cut out for me, but it runs great. It also has a tuck and roll door panels seats and headliner will get pictures soon.

Got my L28et tuned today.

Little bit less power then I was expecting 185rwhp @ 13psi (P.O. said there was 240rwhp at 14psi).

Good thing is that the tune is really smooth. Car pulls strong and smoothly.

Overall, I am impressed with the tune, and the seat of my pants dyno says it is plenty powerfull enough (Even if the numbers don't do it justice).

I don't have the dyno sheet, will get the guys to send me a copy when they start back up on the 5th. Can't remember the torque value, to be honest, I didn't care to much about numbers, more how smooth the tune was. Only remembered the hp number because the tuner thought he was going to see more then that.

It is intercooled, there was a fan blowing, hood up, the day was fairly normal afternoon, maybe 28-30degs C, humidity wouldn't have been much more then about 70%, A/Fs where below 1, flicking between about 0.8 and 0.95. I'll post the sheets when I have them.

Well I removed all my trim to get sandblasted and repainted, It wasnt nice enough and was bugging me. Get my RBR's monday, all my suspension is done, just need to finish up on the brakes, get everything buttoned up.

Will be buying tires this next week also. Hopefully get the wheels mounted before school starts again.