2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just wondering has anyone put a 240sx dash into a 2+2?

I gto my hands on one and thinking about trying it as im going to have the dash out anyway.

The dash in the car at the moment is cracked but I have a like new standard 260 dash, so if it didn't work I could just put that in.

I emailed valdini motorsport saturday but no reply as of yet.

Ive also searched here and found a few threads on them and had a read through.

Does anyone know if you have to have the transition piece from the dash to the window?, can you fit it tidy enough not to use that?

Also what the story with the heater? How do you get around that or do you leave them out?

Cheers,

Jay

I personally think that the S30 Dash is one of the best looking dashes I have seen. It is one of my favourite parts of the car, can't wait to get it retrimed back to original. Are you RHD in Ireland?

Actually, nevermind, the shipping of your dash to Australia would be far too much.

Yeah were right hand drive, the dash in the car at the moment is cracked, however I also have an as new stock s30 dash which i was going to put in next week.

But seen a few pics going around of the 240sx dash swop and I think it looks well, really modernises the interior. I think ill try it, and if I dont like it then I'll just stick in the crack free s30 dash I have.

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

ragefear,

As requested and as promised, here is my Dyno sheet. Unfortunately only the Power is curved, but peak torque is listed. 320 lbs-ft or 430 Nm. So overall I have about twice the stock engine torque but at the wheels. No wonder I'm satisfied, I know it isn't as impressive as some others but it feels quick enough to me. I might have to start hunting for that 300zx transmission and r200 lsd sooner rather than later.

IMAGE0001.jpg

Did some calcs (Assumption, my R200 is 3.7, still have to check that, will edit these if it is wrong).

115 km/hr = 4590rpm

118 km/hr = 4710rpm

140 km/hr = 5588rpm

165 km/hr = 6585rpm

• 3 months later...

haha nice!

Yah, I know Matt (aziza). OK, I'll go ask him.

I got 2 240Z front bumpers (1 in pretty much mint condition) and 1 rear bumper. Planning to do the bumper swap sooner or later.

Also, the 240Z front turn signals will be on mine soon :)

Well I've done it again. Blew my cash in other places. Bought a new truck and have been doing an entire sound system upgrade, the bose system sux! At least the engine, tranny, and car are all together now. I bought the pedals to convert the car into stick and I also have an LS1 camaro engine bay harness so I can fuse that with my engine harness. Just gotta do it! For the price of my sound system upgrade I could have had the headers. Oh well.

getting my engine done...3.1 stroker setup and I'm currently using triple 40mm Mikuni carbs(might be selling them soon for...) but most likely adding the triple ITB FI set-up to the car. Rebuilt the 5spd trans, adding new Konig Sport 17" wheels, new custom work done to the stereo is being done now, with a custom subwoofer boxes and new amp location it should look and function alot better...just finished the coilovers front and rear(need to be installed when the rest of the parts are made), adding a new Billet Mustache bar(made it myself and I will have them available as soon as a few more are produced) and I'm working on my billet A-arms...other than that a friend of mine is making a carbon fiber dash and console to complete the interior upgrades....been a busy winter...but should have everything done by HIN Chicago in June