HybridZ

Bought a SR20DET for my 73 Z!!!

after debating for while... I've decided to go with a SR20DET. I've already begun taking it apart(Not the LongBlock). I'll be putting on a T3/T4 Hybrid turbo, aftermarket exhaust mani, intake mani, 550cc injectors, and probably running a piggy back system(any recommendation). The camshaft has already been regrind or atleast I think it is. I'm also running a 24x12x3 front mount IC with 3in exhaust all the way back from the downpipe. I'm going to be boosting somewhere in the neighborhood of 15lbs too. Where would that put me in the horsepower range? I'm going to be using it for auto-x, drift, and drag.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no you cant use the downpipes made for S13s, you are going to have to modify it anyway so you might as well just buy some 3" pipe a 3" 3-bolt flange and make your own downpipe and full exhaust while your at it. For the metal headgasket we usually run 1.1mm Apex or 1.2mm Cometics on most cars. The 740 cc injectors will be plenty and leave you room for more later, so might as well go bigger now since it wont hurt anything if you go with a full standalone.

damn... I would love to see Garrett76Zt and SR240Z Zs go at it on the 1/4mile. I think its a pretty good match. Garrett 460hp Z and SR240Z 500hp Z on the next Pinks!!! I'm not trying to start anything... just had it in mind thats all.

Don't forget Stony's RB Monster! lol

I am running 18psi and daily driving my SR20DET. I get about 30 miles/gallon depending on how much I put my foot in it.

Definitely, go with the 740's. My GT2871R would keep 550's at 95-100% duty cycle. I would rather run the bigger injectors at a lower duty cycle.

The 3" downpipe is a must. Ask around. I have a buddy that has had two that have cracked. I got mine off ebay and it has been fine. He got his off ebay and it broke.

The standalone is a good suggestion. I know you are on a budget, but it cost me more to get the computer running right than for any other part of the car. The best move I made was finally going with a MAP sensor and doing away with a lot. I no longer have a MAF sensor or 02 sensor for the computer. How great is that.

• 2 months later...