HybridZ

Project unnatural aspiration Part 2

stony

Well got all the pistons out and they are all good, the block is fine no damage to cylinder walls. so all i need is a crank, ordered from japan 87,300 yen, a set of rod from race engineering, and associated gaskets and bearings all coming from japan.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well even though i dont personally know you...i would have to say if its good enough for you then its good enough for me haha

especially since matt recommends them they have to have very good then, are you going to keep the T88 or go with a DBB turbo or Borg Warner?

im trying to decide what to go with but im beginning to think i might just piece together a kit with an Ebay manifold and a custom BW for the best performance...also is PM'ing matt the best thing to do? im looking for an R33 crank and some other parts

Couple more updates.

The Brian crower rods are here. :mparty:

The r33 crank and all associated seal and gaskets to get the motor back together are in the mail from japan (thanks CHEFTRD AKA Matt your a lifesaver well rb saver :burnout:)

After thinking about it for a while I have come to the conclusion the reason i didn't see and increase in HP when i went from 22psi to 24psi was because my alternator was bad... it wasn't putting out anything... zip, zilch nothing to the charging system so I was only running on battery power ( bad battery at that) Once we got up in the rpm the voltage steadily dropped from 12.5 down to 11.3!!! at one point it coughed and we thought it was the plugs... The new alternator is on the way with the crank and should solve that problem and we may see a significant jump in power next time just due to the fact we will have a stronger spark with the fully operational charging system.... :icon56:

so you're going to do the measurements and take it to the machinist and tell him what to get on his readings?

I'm wondering if that's what I should do too, but tools and the hand differ.

where does one get a nice set of inside mics?

lookin good, man! :D

No machinist. just lots of measuring and swapping bearings to get the oil clearance where we want it. The calculator should help me get it right.

Just to be clear to those numbers were just punched in to make sure the formulas were working correctly

• 5 weeks later...

Oh yea i cant remember who asked but someone wanted Pics of the JUN head MODS....

Here they are. Nothing big

Squish removed

DSC03404.jpg

Porting

DSC03399.jpg

Here is what is done to the head to clear the 280 degree 10.3mm lift cam

DSC03402.jpg

so you're going to do the measurements and take it to the machinist and tell him what to get on his readings?

I'm wondering if that's what I should do too, but tools and the hand differ.

where does one get a nice set of inside mics?

lookin good, man! :D

Hey since you asked ... We going off the number off the crank and block, and measuring as a backup i ordered a set of Standard size Calico coated bearing from MAZWORX and all my oil clearances cam in at .038-.036 on all the rods and crank bearings!!!!

The crank i received from ChefTRD was Perfect!!!!! every journal was exactly the Same!!!!