HybridZ

#11110-20P00 rb20 oil pan discontinued!

zilvia_gt

I was in your guys shoes like 2 months ago, I called erics performance parts from ebay and they had a couple pans and strainers in stock even though they didn't list them on ebay. I don't know if they still have any but its worth emailing or calling them. Just search erics performance parts on google to find their ebay store, good luck guys.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric is a stand up guy! I highly recommend him!

I was in your guys shoes like 2 months ago, I called erics performance parts from ebay and they had a couple pans and strainers in stock even though they didn't list them on ebay. I don't know if they still have any but its worth emailing or calling them. Just search erics performance parts on google to find their ebay store, good luck guys.

I purchased a pan and pickup from Eric's Performance in Ca in early Jan 09. Great parts, but price had already started to climb because of availability. Almost double what the Nissan Dealers were asking when the pan was available. BTW he was great to deal with and even tried to offer me a better deal on the pan than he originally was asking.

I didnt get a chance to read this whole thread, but did you call Nismo Parts in Seattle? They have a list going up there. They are trying to deal with Nissan directly or source out these pans in Japan somehow. They have a list going. Give them a call and see if they are still trying to do this. I should still be on their list. The pan's price was $134 USD and the pickup was $36USD before they ran out. If they get info inquiries it might help get some pans in sooner if they knew there was more interest out there for them.

Edited by rayaapp2
I cant spell...

I was on the waiting list for a couple months on nismoparts website untill I canceled the order and called erics, at the time they had 20 people on backorder so hopefully they can work something out. I sure am glad I decided to buy the pan when I did, I feel everyones pain though, I was freaking out when I couldn't find it.

i have an idea. why doesn't someone make a flange kit out of aluminum or steel (our choice) and we could then use something like a v8 oil pan like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230332252328QQssPageNameZMERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=330309470821&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4#ht_2518wt_911

and cut the flanges off and re-weld to that. or another one that relocates the sump where we need it. then we have a nicely baffled tank, and a pan that will work. might need a little extension and a couple of test fits, and all of them will be custom.... but that's not a bad idea considering what your end result will be.

that would end up costing about 450 bucks total, and you got a performance pan.

sounds like a good idea. there has to be a performance pan that has the same or similar width.

ill prolly just get a front facing pan then cut the top part off then reweld it backwards... it may work ill have to check .

It's not as easy as it sounds because the pan is not 100% symmetrical. It might be possible though.

I think the best thing would be with Careless' idea, making a flange that bolts to the block and allows a readily available rear sump to bolt to the flange. But since you need a machine shop for that, why not fabricate a whole new pan if you have the equipment available.

ill prolly just get a front facing pan then cut the top part off then reweld it backwards... it may work ill have to check .

in that case just use the L28 pan, i think most of the bolts actually bolt up, and it just requires some plugging and welding, but i'm not too sure how the inside of the l28 pan is designed so i never mentioned it.

someone i know who was putting on in a 280zx attached to a 5spd said it was just a cut and turn ordeal.

• 2 weeks later...

Price was posted in page 1. I was hoping a group of us could get together and get a group buy going, but no real interest materialized. I just went ahead and got the pan. Now I don't have to worry about it, problem solved. Nice looking pan!:-D

Thanks for the update on this pan - looks great. If I hadn't just finished my motor and oil pan a few months ago I would have seriously considered this option!

For guys thinking about buying this pan, keep in mind the Kiwi dollar is a bit stronger than 3 weeks ago. $1850 NZD is equivalent to $1050 USD today. Not cheap but I would echo earlier comments - this is a great solution (especially for road racers) to an issue that has plagued most RB swappers on this board since Clint first got everyone excited about RB motors more than 7 years ago.

Nice work, but isn't it gonna be hard to get to those pan bolts above that sump on the driver side? Looks too shallow for a socket, and the lip of the pan will interfere with a wrench. Yeah, obviously Rob got it off there, and it will work, but maybe a little more space there would be better ?

And dang... wish I could TIG like that!

Ordered mine a couple weeks ago from Rob at Rips.

Here are a couple photos showing the progress.

Gordonsoilpan240z003.jpg

comes with surge tank, baffles, breathers, custom-pickup, custom dip stick:mrgreen:

Nice work, but isn't it gonna be hard to get to those pan bolts above that sump on the driver side? Looks too shallow for a socket, and the lip of the pan will interfere with a wrench.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, I'm pretty sure Gordon will have a 10mm ring spanner in his bag of tricks:) and I'll even tell him how to mod it to make it REAL easy to use if he needs to know,

Rob