HybridZ

#11110-20P00 rb20 oil pan discontinued!

zilvia_gt

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having looked at these pix and the others you sent me it sure looks like the exhaust side mount is too short.

We've checked the angle of the base of the pan against stock and it is correct so it might pay to show Mckinney these pix and have them add some length to the exhaust side mount or supply a thicker isolater mount with the kit.

Rob

Any idea of the price range for that sump Mack ? i wish i wouldve seen this earlier i wouldve ordered everything form the get go . BTW i recieved my mounts and my downpipe a week ago they are great just dont know why my motor mounts are red and my tranny mount is blue but hey i dont care thanks alot for the fast shipping .

Any idea of the price range for that sump Mack ? i wish i wouldve seen this earlier i wouldve ordered everything form the get go . BTW i recieved my mounts and my downpipe a week ago they are great just dont know why my motor mounts are red and my tranny mount is blue but hey i dont care thanks alot for the fast shipping .

colors are so we can tell the different trans mount as we have 8 different styles for the 240/260/280Z.....

colors are so we can tell the different trans mount as we have 8 different styles for the 240/260/280Z.....

Nice thot it was something clever like that . Thanks alot for the excellent parts ! and i cant wait to see your oil pans and the prices .

Nice thot it was something clever like that . Thanks alot for the excellent parts ! and i cant wait to see your oil pans and the prices .

agreed, this oil pan dilemma as been going on long enough! i know for a fact that McKinney has been working very hard to get us a decent oil pan for a good price for the Zkylines that we all want to create. i know because i called them at least once a week to find out whats the status!

once i get sick of the l28et.....doubt it, BUT, my RB25 DREAM will come true!

Cant wait....:wc: much longer....

yeah im going to be waiting on this oil pan as long as it doesn't cost too much i will be buying one and my dream of rb26 swapping my 260 z will come true

I don't think the McKinney pan (or any RB20/RB25 pan) will work for you on the RB26 block unless you plan on doing more mods to it.

What you were talking about BenJammin?

I guess I could be wrong, but it's right there in the first post of the sticky for RB swaps.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=77962&highlight=rb26+oil+pan

"The oil pan and sump I got out of a Japan spec Z-31 rb20det 300zx in a junk yard. the front of the oil pan had to be cut out and lowered to clear the bearing retainers in the 2.6. The block has a spot for a rear pickup but it is not drilled out so I had to use the front port on the 2.6. This meant I had to make a custom oil pickup that went from the front of the motor to the rear.

If you use the rb-25 block this is not necessary, in fact everything from the Z-31 is bolt in!!!! "

Even if this holds true, probably will not be an issue with a custom pan.