HybridZ

#11110-20P00 rb20 oil pan discontinued!

zilvia_gt

My 240z has a rear pan wet sump and although my motor sits a little further forward than most of you guys probably would I'll be doing the big sumps for you guys in a very similar way.

I'll just need to know if any of the guys are wanting these for RB25s and if they want to run the braces from the side of the block to the bottom of the bellhousing.

I'll post some pix of my oil pan and a few others we have done recently but I will not be posting pix of the inside of the sump.

My car does 0-60mph is around 1.5 seconds with a RIPS wet sump and accusump and I've reccomended to everyone if your doing anything other than brisk street driving an accusump is reccomended.

Rob

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a confirmed order and payment made and also had news back from Japan which is not so good.

I've had to pay alot more for the 1 new oil pan I could get and there are no more available through nissan Japan.

I'll complete the job I've taken on but I won't be able to offer any more sorry unless another supply of new oil pans turns up.

I probably don't think its worth us making steel or alloy ones from scratch, lets see how Mckinney's oil pans turn out and we'll go from there,

Rob

Ran into the same problem when I finally went to order the pan and pickup last month... NLA crap! Had two bad leads on pans too. One guy from another site said he had one and needed a front pan for his S13 swap and simply wanted to trade... but this ended up nowhere. Another guy from this site sent me his and it turned out to be a front pan (now I have two pans I can't use!). He was cool and refunded the dough, so no harm no foul.

Been checking every Nismo / S13 / drift site possible. Even had my wife (who is from Japan - convenient in times like these :wink:) search a bunch of JDM .jp sites and call a few places in her hometown.... still getting 'not available' only in native Japanese!

Now I'm really kicking myself about why didn't I buy the pan and pickup last year...grrr :cuss:

I also talked to Mac too over at MckinnyMotorsports. Sounds like he's going for a better custom design to satisfy our needs. The stock 200zr pan apparently hung down kind of too low anyway and they are working on a pan design to be a little shallower, wider and hold more oil (and baffled of course). Don't expect it to be $160 though!

So, you are saying that my brand new rear pan sump and pickup still in the boxes are worth their weight in gold now!!

Hell who would have thought investing in engine oil sumps would have paid off.......Shame I didnt buy 10 of them :wink:

Edit: Just to confirm, I don't have any surplus sumps avaliable for sale, sorry.

This is the email I got when inquiring about a sump from CRS

There has been some talk regarding sumps, some say that they require no mods. We have found some clearance issues. However we do not supply a sump, only the mount kit as listed above

You may find that the sump will fit with only minor massaging

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d5d80ae81-0270-4b83-b750-fff879631d68.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDIuanBn%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253aimage002.jpg%254001C9965D.5B6C5100&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.213&d=d1649&mf=0&a=01_c305328c85099f0c5415646d7cdaaf67026f150baee4020444e82cf348a919a3

Colin Forster

Sales Consultant,

The Castlemaine Rod Shop

www.rodshop.com.au

I talked to a good firend of mine at NISSAN Canada who contacted NISSAN Japan. He was told that even though the manufacture of the oil pan was stopped there is a “request for re-manufacture” form that may reverse this decision. NISSAN Canada/Japan provided him this form and he is willing to go to bat for us if there is sufficient interest. No guarantee what decision NISSAN will come back with but there is a chance

This may be a limited run(s) and all he needs is an estimate of possible sales.. No promises but there is a chance.

Who will sign up? Who wants to get into the RB oil pan business?

Ok Raff....your on. LOL

The more dealerships that send in this form the better. Do you know how to get one? If not I can arrange it.

joint venture? :mrgreen:

I gots cash for like... 10 ! and I can get them at cost from my dealership, so I can see if they will do a request form too :-)

I thought I was doing a pretty good job of checking the classifieds, but this ad sat out here for a week and I somehow missed it.

Let me clarify....a bonified rb20 rear sump, modified with racing sump for $300 (WITH PICKUP!) sat here on this site for a week and we were over here pulling on our puds the whole time.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=145525

Ok Raff....your on. LOL

The more dealerships that send in this form the better. Do you know how to get one? If not I can arrange it.

:D I'm down.

Can you email me a scan of the form, and I shall send it to my dealership via email so he can pull out a real one and send it in with all the correct info.

Also, my z31 is going to be on the road soon so I'll have to take it on up to your place or something and we can bench race :twisted: Also, installing NISTUNE, since you're mister BlaZt, maybe you got some pointers :burnout: