HybridZ

#11110-20P00 rb20 oil pan discontinued!

zilvia_gt

What's the setup on the tig rig? Manual pulsed or machine auto, heat ,etc?

And do you guys have it so good that you just keep an RB block around for such occasions!

There's more than one way to skin a cat, I'm pretty sure Gordon will have a 10mm ring spanner in his bag of tricks:) and I'll even tell him how to mod it to make it REAL easy to use if he needs to know,

Rob

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the setup on the tig rig? Manual pulsed or machine auto, heat ,etc?

And do you guys have it so good that you just keep an RB block around for such occasions!

TIg is set up manual and we have about 10 "dummy" blocks, 20,25,26,30 etc all used for making things and test fitting parts into empty shells we have here.

I could honestly say I'd have about 40-50 blocks here at the moment and most of them will be rebuilt for sale.

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, your welcome for the hat and in case people are wondering about the colour of the inside of the oil pan, its not rusty bare steel, its the colour new steel comes out of the special acid dipping and protection process they go through when finished.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

talked to mckinneymotorsports friday the 8th of may

the guy said Wednesday there shipping a RB block(s) to some Fab company to get a design going, i HOPE they get this all set in the next week. or 2

im praying for this to go through, hopefully this company decides to come up with some decent design, with no mods to the oil pick up to be needed

sadly, im more and more considering a SR20det...if i cant get this pan.

Uh, I think you'll have to give it more time than that. To get a quality re-producable design and test it will surely take more than 2 weeks! Plus just the time to build, say a dozen, for stock when the mad rush hits.

I'd guess at least 2 -3 months, or 1 if that is the ONLY thing they are working on.

Also, I would guess as this is coming from Mckinney, it won't be cheap! (well made, yes, cheap, no).

talked to mckinneymotorsports friday the 8th of may

the guy said Wednesday there shipping a RB block(s) to some Fab company to get a design going, i HOPE they get this all set in the next week. or 2

im praying for this to go through, hopefully this company decides to come up with some decent design, with no mods to the oil pick up to be needed

sadly, im more and more considering a SR20det...if i cant get this pan.

My Ripps pan should be here shortly. I ordered mine soon as I saw gmac708's pics, but mine will be slightly different due to the fact I'm using a external oil pick up line from the pump to the pan.

I'll post up some more shots once it's here...

click-em

joels240zoilpan002.th.jpg

joels240zoilpan001.th.jpg

Ordered mine a couple weeks ago from Rob at Rips.

Here are a couple photos showing the progress.

Gordonsoilpan240z002.jpg

Gordonsoilpan240z003.jpg

comes with surge tank, baffles, breathers, custom-pickup, custom dip stick:mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

Just build your own, if you are cheap and you want it to work. RIP pan are wonderful, proven for race application and... I just cut a RB20 Front sump, and made a rear sump with it. It will work very well, for a street engine with the power wanted. Cost me , welding supply, and 3hours ....maybe!

This is what Hot roding is all about!!

Dayz

I may be using an entirely different front cross-member for my s30 project or my z31 project in the future, so i'm going to sell my 200zr pan, and pickup tube + tube gasket...

my only option is to do a custom pan, so...

guy wants a bit to much for that oil pan im going to let it go i might end up making my own for the price people are asking...

let alone i might sell my engine set that i have and go KA-T but im seriously deciding right now what to do with it.

Still dont have the car to transplant it into but i am getting closer and by the end of this week ill have my daily driver 260z and my project 280z