• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not the Corvette :P

Or the 911 Turbo.

I was unaware this was a Corvette/911 Based Forum, or that the context had shifted from Z-Cars, of which "everything everywhere had a 5 speed available in 79"...

Or old-lady driven mopars...

A stock S30 should not take 7 miles to get to speed. Even mildly modified a standing mile should have you well near that speed, and in no case would you be gaining any speed after mile two. Put a G-Nose on it, you won't blow around...

Full track 240 w/cage, 3:70 LSD, ZX 5-spd, 225/50/14 Hoosiers, MSA 2 airdam w/fan shroud as only air entering engine bay, 2250 lbs w/5 gals of fuel, Z-Ya custom L28 intake making 180rwhp running at Monticello's 4.1 mile, 22 corner track this week and a few weeks ago. The speedo reads over 135 with the in-car GPS lap timer reading 124 going down the long 3/4 mile back straight.

The car is stable @125mph with steering inputs a bit less than at speeds under 100 but not enough to worry about.

BTW, the GTRs lift at 165...

I had my first Z up to 130 spedometer indicated too. It was bone stock, just without the bumpers. There is no way my current Z would do that though with the carbs in their current condition - That's why project megasquirt is currently in the planning phases. The only intake manifold I have to work with is from an 81, and it looks quite borg-ish. Anyways I'm also looking for a decent front airdam and also something to shove in those bare wheel wells so I can keep this thing on the ground! Oh yeah and for others reading this thread - keep it safe guys I would never take a Z up to those speeds on a public road, I do it on long straight empty stretches on private property. Even then it's dangerous, I'm always afraid a deer or Sasquatch will jump in front of me and ruin everything.

:D I try to stay away from the portland area, too many weirdos haha

One of my dad's friends owns a very large patch of property outside city limits with old logging roads and very large hay fields. The hay fields are great after he harvests them for driving like a crazy person. The logging roads are fun but you can't really get up to speed. There's a 1x1 mile patch of field that we used to use as a track just driving a circle.

There was an abandoned industrial property in southern longview that a group of us used to go to also with about a half mile of brand new road that no one used. They blocked that area off though. One of these days when my Z is up to it I'd like to check out pir. Gotta find someone to go with though, I've never been to an actual track but it's something I would love to get into. If only to collect some time slips

I would post 'go to jail' tickets with the Turbo going down the onramp from Van Buren onto the 215 South (before all the Yuppies moved to Murietta and clogged it interminably)...

Entrance was easily done at 100+ down the ramp. And 6300 in fourth was mere seconds away from that if I had a clear road. Now, you want to put it in fifth and push it past, say, 5800 you are in for a long slow road. Better have a good fuel pump and intercooler!

Anybody got Google Earth?

33* 48.957'N

117* 14.377'W

What on earth could that be from? :cool: Who put that big "X" there in the middle of the road with paint so it's visible from the Electric Eye?

When I visited home, I ran the old run.

Start 44 17 897N, 83 31 374W, Heading 134.81

End 44 21 321N, 83 36 196W.

Elevation Change:54m

It was good for top speed jetting checking. It was where my 74 Impala Police Special 'don't do this during the week again' speech got read to me...I can almost pick out the exact spot to this day where the MSP stopped me for 'The Talk'... :D

Edited by Tony D

• 3 weeks later...

I got my RB25 swapped 280z with a completely stock body, included the park benches, up to around 125mph. I was running a calibrated Autometer Sport Comp speedometer with an electric speedo gear, so I imagine its pretty accurate. All I can say is that it felt pretty sketchy :? The engine had quite a bit of room left to go but there is no way Id push further then that without proper aerodynamics.

Edited by jakeoster