HybridZ

New ride!

rustrocket

Just thought i'd share my new toy with you guys even though it's not a Z.

I've been looking on and off for about 4 years now, and with slownrusty's help with answering my annoying questions, I've finally came across a deal i couldn't pass up and am now the proud owner of this '83 930 euro.

It has an aftermarket slant nose kit. Just over 44,000 original miles. Original Fuchs wheels. From what i can tell the suspension is stock. Interior is all stock, though it does have sport seats. Everything works except the stereo, which is no big deal.

Unfortunately, the previous owner messed around with aftermarket alarms, so i need to remove that and clean up some of the messy wiring under the hood and around the battery. There's also some stereo stuff i need to check out. It does have a small oil leak like most other old Porsches apparently. I'm used to datsuns and triumphs, so that's nothing new.

The only pics i have are from the original seller, i have yet to take pics of my own. I'm waiting to do an oil change, put new gas in it, new tires, new valve cover gaskets on, and detail it before i take more pics.

Anyhow, enjoy!

1284088942.jpg

1284088943.jpg

1284088940.jpg

1284088937.jpg

1284088939.jpg

1284088936.jpg

1284088935.jpg

Nice ride! What is it with Z guys and Porsches?! As for driving impressions, I'd like to borrow a near stock 240/280 to compare to my near stock 944. I tried to compare it with my Z, but they are almost opposites. I can say that it sure is fun to drive! and driving with the targa panel off, or the entire top down really ups the fun factor!

Thanks for all the kind words!

I was on the fence about a slant nose too, but i fell for this one when i saw it in person.

The headlights are setup so there's an individual motor for each light.

I'll definitely post up my thoughts and impressions once i go through it and get some much needed seat time.

Cool find...that's actually the first time I've seen a slant nose before. It's...different. Can't tell if I like it better than the original or not. I've always loved the 930 though. I was actually thinking about buying one a few years ago, but once I sat down in it, I got right back out. I felt like I was going to wreck it if I tried to drive it because I had NO legroom. I was a bit bummed out, but at least they're still pretty to look at :-)

Can't still believe Cam actually bought a 930...I thought the day would never come!

Some cool features about this car other than the obvious Slant Nose:

1) Euro model..factory 300hp (US spec models are 282hp)

2) Has an aftermarket exhaust

3) Has polished petals on the Fuchs wheels

4) Has very sport seats (very expensive option)

5) Has the very sweet 930S front spoiler

It is not an Andial car.

Congrats beautiful car!

Yasin

It's fiberglass, i'm guessing aftermarket?

Im still trying to figure out how to get this thing smogged in CA, being that this is a euro car and has no emissions equipment on it.

I took a pic last night of the oil leak, looks like it's coming from the left side in the pic. Hopefully i can tighten that nut on there, or just replace the gaskets/hardware as planned to fix it.

1284310601.jpg

Also, here it is in it's current home:

1284310604.jpg

I've got a very similiar car, a 83 euro slant nose conversion. I think your air dam is a Better Bodies Motorsport one, that's what's on mine and they look identical from what I can tell. Mine was also smogged thru CA, and if they put any USA stuff on it they immediately took it back off, it's euro all the way. I suspect that process was pretty liberal. Pelican or Paragon should have what you need for the VC repair.

Mine is pretty much a track car, not nearly as sweet as yours, but I have a lot of fun with it!!!

John

post-264-009347900 1284315741_thumb.jpg