HybridZ

Wheels Up ...Chute Out

Went to Irwindale dragstrip for Thursday night TNT and to try out the parachute. My first two runs were mediocre because my line lock was not working and my burnouts were insufficient to properly heat the tires. I only ran 116 mph in the 8th mile but I deployed the chute, anyway. Maybe because of the low mph or because I stumbled upon the perfect chute mounting position, I felt nothing when the chute deployed. Soon I will find out what it feels like to pop the chute at 150 mph.

But first I have to buy a new oil pan....you will see why when you watch this video.

I was surprised how well the burnout was for the third run. And the tires hooked. The oil pan isn't leaking , but only a little crumpled.

Wow. That landing must have felt rough! Amazing hook though. You ought to rig up a traction control system with elevation sensors under the nose. Ride the wheelie.... :D Nothing to be embarrassed about there :2thumbs:

Edited by cygnusx1

Nice ride, Hanns! Too bad you couldn't have held it just a bit longer--looks like fun in a I-just-soiled-my-underwear kind of way :D:2thumbs:

Davy

I wasn't going to lift, this time. But the carb probably flooded the engine while the nose was up in the air and immediately killed the engine. There was nothing I could do to keep it from dropping. It was actually kind of exciting to see the track disappear before my eyes!!!!

• 4 weeks later...