HybridZ

Need a brake Master Cylinder for a 79

I have been looking for weeks for a re-manufactured master cylinder or repair kit for my daughter's 79. They are back ordered EVERYWHERE. Not interested in a junk yard part because they don't last sitting idle. Not worth the risk. No luck on Ebay either.

If anyone has an idea I would love to hear it. I have posted in the parts wanted sections of several forums.

We have an 83 parts car but the MC is different.

I have been looking for weeks for a re-manufactured master cylinder or repair kit for my daughter's 79. They are back ordered EVERYWHERE. Not interested in a junk yard part because they don't last sitting idle. Not worth the risk. No luck on Ebay either.

If anyone has an idea I would love to hear it. I have posted in the parts wanted sections of several forums.

We have an 83 parts car but the MC is different.

Order online:

https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ne=25000&Ntt=&Nty=1&N=599001+101979+50018+2018016+26327&Ntk=Keyword

I feel your pain. I had to replace my clutch MC not long ago and went through three parts before finding one that was remanufactured CORRECTLY... I went through a good bit of brake fluid that day... And of course this meant driving around to THREE different stores since nobody carried more than one in stock. Seems like that's the story with some of these parts, finding them locally can be a total pain.

To be fair even autozone has them on their website as a special order item. It means it might take a while, but they WILL get it to you. So they're not really "hard to find", just hard to get on short notice.

I strongly urge you to not waste your time...I ordered one from there...Heard nothing. After several days contacted customer service. Was told that the Sacramento Distribution Center had the part and that customer service would track down my order...That was 5 weeks ago, and all my follow up emails must vanish because now I cant even get a automatic reply.

Yea Im nervous about another online purchase.

I swapped the MC with the parts car. It's an 83 so it required a few modifications. However, I was quickly able to get a reman for the 83 from a local parts store.

Now if I can just figure out how to make the fluid level sensor wires work. The 79 has 2 reservours and the 83 only 1. How do I wire it so the brake light goes off the dash?

Im not nervous about online purchases, in fact if it were not for RockAuto.com, my Z would probably be scrap.

What I intended with my previous post was DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH A MC FROM NAPA ONLINE, (very poor personal experience).

As for your situation, looking at the 79_280zx_wiring, the low-level signal will be 'active' if either reservours are low. Both of the sensors are basically tied to each other up stream. You should only need to use one sensor,

Edited by govtcontact