HybridZ

Cylinder head modifications

Redzee

Have a L28 with domed Venolia forged pistons. The Head was stolen, it had extensive combustion chamber modifications and port work done to it.

The person that did the work is no longer available and I need some one to build a new head. The head that was used was an E-88, with stock 280

valves and a ..501 lift 300 deg cam the motor pulled hard from 3000 to over 8000rpm. The car was mostly used for auto cross. Can anyone hear put me in

touch with the right person?

Edited by Redzee

You can't go wrong with the either of first two suggestions.

Let your wallet guide your path.

And as a third possibility, consider building the head yourself. Either completely on your own or in part with a good local machine shop. The wealth of information here on HybridZ is almost immeasurable.

You can't go wrong with the either of first two suggestions.

Let your wallet guide your path.

And as a third possibility, consider building the head yourself. Either completely on your own or in part with a good local machine shop. The wealth of information here on HybridZ is almost immeasurable.

The third possibility crossed my mind, but time is an issue and I really would like it to be built by someone who know about unshrouding valves and the like. Been spending too much time

reading all the neat stuff on here and not getting my other stuff done as it is.

There's also Bryan Blake (aka 1 Fast Z username on here) who though younger than the other said porters has shown he can fight with the big dogs. He's the own who's built the L31DETT that can be found on youtube. Head on that engine is 2 KA heads cut into 2 cylinder chunks and put back together. Anyone who can do that kind of work certainly deserves some respect.

Here's a link to his head ported page on his site:

http://bandmzcars.com/HeadPricing.html

If quick turn around is the goal, just make some phone calls and see what people say. Personally, I really like Paul just because he's such an awesome guy when it comes to getting information that other porters don't want to take the time to give out.

My vote goes for Bryan. I know him personally and have seen his work many times up close and personal. That L31DETT car is the scariest car I have ever ridden in. going sideways on 315R compound street slicks at 60mph when the trubos spool in 3rd. no clutch work, just stab the throttle and wait for boost to hit.

thats not to mention his high 12s, full street weight with a stereo 280Z N/A car.

I would vote for Dave Rebello. He ground the cam for my U20 in my Datsun Roadster, and it has NEVER ran better. He currently has the cam, and carb needles for my 3.1. He asked me basic parameters of my engine, and not only is he grinding me a cam to suit my wants/needs, he has worked out specific needle tapers for SU's on his dyno to match. He was also kind enough to give me some porting tips verbally over the phone. He told me what was worth my time, and what was not. He knows every head intimately, and will build you what you want, and/or need. My money is on Dave Rebello.

Good Luck!

Andy K

• 4 weeks later...

Redzee,

I had trouble after sending both a pm and two emails to his personal address. I want(ed) to have him work his magic on my p90 almost two monthes ago but have spent that little pocket of cash since. Still don't know why I never heard back from him.

What does a person do, I guess everyone has a busy lifestyle