HybridZ

Window Adjustment

DuoWing

I'm trying to figure out if this can be corrected. My Driver's window is missing the roller bumper, the clip broke on it. The window also would go up very crooked so I adjusted the regulator and now the window actually aligns with the top of the door and the seal without me having to try and move the window back and forth, but the other issue I have is that when rolled up my driver's window actually is outside of the frame towards the interior of the car. When rolling it up I have to push out on the window a little bit so it will go into the channel at the top of the door. I haven't found really found any threads about this issue and the one I did find made no mention of if they fixed it or how to fix it. Are there some kind of spacers in the regulator that position the window better? My passenger side works fine other than the fact that the window doesn't roll up the easiest.

• 2 weeks later...

Epic link. Explained just about every problem I have with my z windows. I'm going to try it out. I fought over and over to fix my passenger window and now it works great, but its still kinda sloppy and was more than a fight to get it to crank smoothly. The drivers window could use work too. Hopefully this works. I think a large battle is the old metal and car and everything is kinda warped and not perfectly straight so it makes things hard to align.

Here's another one from classiczcars - http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/content.php?156-S30-Door-Window-Problems-and-Troubleshooting-Procedures

Also, if you can't get your fingers up in there to insert some washers, you can make a shim out of some stiff wire instead. Bend it in to a hook shape, loosen the screw, fish the wire in behind the guide and tighten it back up. It worked for me.