HybridZ

G-nose with dive planes/canards

luseboy

Hey,

I was just looking at msa's sight and saw the drive planes they sell. I plan to get the Z-force productions G-nose for my car and was trying to picture how that'd look. For the life of me I can't figure out if it'd look cool or awful. I also plan to make a custom front splitter for my car. I only ask this for the shear case of looks, I don't expect any aerodynamic benefits, nor does that come into play much when my car will be primarily street driven. Has anyone seen this done? Or is anyone good with photoshop?

Edited by luseboy

I mean I know this is a totally subjective thread, but I was just trying to see if anyone had done this. I can't really decide if it'd look good. I love the look on some cars (a lot!), but others it just doesn't work. I'm airing on the side of it looking stupid... but who knows? Maybe it'd look cool. I guess I was just trying to see if anyone had seen this somewhere, I searched and didn't come up with anything really. And I do realize that the g nose chin spoiler thing would probably work better with these pieces, but I'm not a huge fan of that look, and was thinking a normal G nose would look nice with a little splitter, it's not like it'd be that hard to make, I'll probably end up making one out of cardboard and painting it black to see how it looks, but my car is nowhere near done, and in fact, I don't even have a G nose yet anyways, so I can't really see it in the flesh, but in my head it looks cool :). However, the drive planes... those I'm still not really able to visualize...

Well I was planning on a custom splitter as well... And as I said, I'm not really that interested in the aerodynamics of it at this time, as my Z will be a canyon runner and possibly an occasional auto-X car. So I won't be racing or anything. I just realized that canards and drive planes are the same thing, I wasn't aware of that name for them haha. Well looking at it more, it doesn't even look like there's a good place to put them anyways. I think it would look pretty ridiculous anyways, but the front splitter might look ok, I'll have to make one out of cardboard when I get my Z lookin pretty, and see what it looks like. I'm still interested to see a Z with canards/drive planes/ whatever you call it, if anyone's happened to see one?

Edited by luseboy

I was looking into it as well just seems a tad expensive. The setup i was looking at was from zccjdm, did the math though and its a pretty penny. There is the z force option but, they dont have the option slot for the turn signals. To me it just doesnt look right.

I was looking into it as well just seems a tad expensive. The setup i was looking at was from zccjdm, did the math though and its a pretty penny. There is the z force option but, they dont have the option slot for the turn signals. To me it just doesnt look right.

Well I decided that I really don't like any of the air dams other than the G nose which is available right now. If I were to use another air dam, I'd need to buy new headlight buckets, among other things, which add up. Looking at it from that perspective, the G nose will only cost a few hundred more after hinges, all said and done, and to me, it's worth it because I'll never wish I had a G nose, since I'll already have what I wanted. I honestly like the look of the Z force one the best. We'll see what happens with the dive planes and front splitter, but I will be mounting some HID fog lights in the grill area, which I also haven't seen done. Anyways it's a ways off, if it ever happens. If I do go for it, I'll for sure post pictures here. I'll probably fab some cardboard dive planes too, just to see how it looks. Unless someone else who has a G nose wants to ;).

FWIW, headlight buckets go for about $20-30 a piece. A G-Nose is going to cost you magnitudes more than a couple of headlight buckets and random bits like the grill, etc. However, if the G-Nose is exactly what you want, then go for it.

FWIW, headlight buckets go for about $20-30 a piece. A G-Nose is going to cost you magnitudes more than a couple of headlight buckets and random bits like the grill, etc. However, if the G-Nose is exactly what you want, then go for it.

haha well maybe I've just been searching in the wrong places, but the only ones I've found are well over $40, I bought one off ebay for $40, but it had a $20 shipping charge, and it was in horrible, un-usable shape when it arrived. The G nose will be more expensive, but it's my favorite look, and it's not THAT much more, unless I went with an oem G nose, then it would cost thousands of dollars more lol.