HybridZ

MSA Victory S30 Rear Spoiler Fit and Feedback Pics

slownrusty

Hi Gang - After the recent discussion on the MSA Victory S30 spoiler on the Picture Thread, I decided to buy it and see it if truly will fit the S130.

Short answer: "Yes"

Long Answer: Will require a little fiberglass work to make it perfect due to the way it is molded. Luckily: 1) I love fiberglass work and 2) I love fiberglass work. For whatever reason is curves on the left side and I will need to fill this in to make it flush with the edge of the hatch, also I will fill in the lock cutout.

How does it look: I think it is pretty darn serxxy.

Here are some pics to share:

400640832.jpg

400640834.jpg

400640835.jpg

Area to be filler with fiberglass and you can see the curve and how it does not line up with the edge of the hatch

400640837.jpg

400640840.jpg

Warm Regards - Yasin

Awesome pics .Can't wait to see the finish product.

Thanks, was going to start on the fiberglasging this afternoon, but got busy with other things. Will keep this thread updated as I make progress.

Looks great. Not normally a "wing" guy but that looks nice and subtle. They dont sell one specifically for the zx?

MSA sell a few specific ZX wings, but this one os designed specifically for the S30 chassis.

Looks awesome! Where did you purchase it?

Thanks..www.zcarparts.com (Motor Sports Auto)

Looks good, but I still like my whale tail. I think the curve is just from a bad mold maybe? email a pic to MSA and see what they say.

I will email MSA and see what they say.

I have to chime in here. I have the same spoiler and the same fitment issue. The edge seems to curve on one side (I think the left on mine too). It also seems to warp left to right on the top edge. It has a rough 45* angle rake on the left side but gains about 5* on the right (just guessing numbers but it leans back further on the right side).

Overall, I like the spoiler but there do seem to be some manufacturing flaws. I have no experience working with FG so I chose to leave it as is.

Last image shows the weird twist/rake change I was talking about the best.

318353_2395850855357_1223546991_32923631_3019503_n.jpg

304918_237018223009393_100001036511341_707402_2992609_n.jpg

299325_10150273925711791_613146790_8218921_7309716_n.jpg

I appreciate the build thread on this. Keep the detailed pics and descriptions coming!

Curious if you plan on using 3M tape to mount or some other way?

No problem. I will take lots of pics to share as I move forward with this. Glad to be working on this car again, after the long hiatus.

3M tape all the way..no drilling of my car.

My moto: "let the parts fit the car, not the car fit the parts"

Regards - Yasin

Edited by slownrusty

I just heard that somewhere recently.

I'm warming up the spoiler bro. It's agressive enough - I don't like little lips - too subtle. This one you know its there.

You heard that where exactly! Laughing. You mean the lips on the left \ right sides?

Yasin, would it be possible to take a full side profile pic? I'm just not getting a clear pic of what the angle is. I feel like its a little too vertical.

Sure will do!

Hi Gang - After the recent discussion on the MSA Victory S30 spoiler on the Picture Thread, I decided to buy it and see it if truly will fit the S130.

Short answer: "Yes"

Long Answer: Will require a little fiberglass work to make it perfect due to the way it is molded. Luckily: 1) I love fiberglass work and 2) I love fiberglass work. For whatever reason is curves on the left side and I will need to fill this in to make it flush with the edge of the hatch, also I will fill in the lock cutout.

How does it look: I think it is pretty darn serxxy.

Here are some pics to share:

400640832.jpg

400640834.jpg

400640835.jpg

Area to be filler with fiberglass and you can see the curve and how it does not line up with the edge of the hatch

400640837.jpg

400640840.jpg

Warm Regards - Yasin

looks awesome! I want your wheels, lol

I want his car!

Laughing..thanks guys!

Here is the victory spoiler on my z. No longer on there as I've gone with the sparrow tail now...

Damn that is sweet..wow..looks like it fits the S30 beautifully...might require some skill to fit a S130.

Is this yours?

1863_pd1851177_1.jpg