HybridZ

Nissan Comp Header ID *pics*

brianZortiz

I recently bought a header to remove smog ports, air pump, and a nice sound and maybe a little performance gain. The seller claimed it was a nissan Comp header, so I bought it even if it isnt a Nissan Comp, I got a good price on it. The header has slight surface rust and its actual coating is chrome and the Header tubes are really thick. They are thicker than the MSA. How can I identify if its Nissan Comp or something else.

Here are some pics. Hope you guys can help me ID the header.

post-10151-057031200 1329961624_thumb.jpg

post-10151-024423000 1329961642_thumb.jpg

I recently bought a header to remove smog ports, air pump, and a nice sound and maybe a little performance gain. The seller claimed it was a nissan Comp header, so I bought it even if it isnt a Nissan Comp, I got a good price on it. The header has slight surface rust and its actual coating is chrome and the Header tubes are really thick. They are thicker than the MSA. How can I identify if its Nissan Comp or something else.

Here are some pics. Hope you guys can help me ID the header.

post-2020-084084400 1329964350_thumb.jpg

I would pay $120 max for that header in that condition. It would cost more to sandblast and coat them. They look almost like my coated headers I got from MSA but the welds on the flange were flat, like it had been decked. Yours look like they left some. not sure why.

You may have a thicker flanger also.

Can I join?

I need to weld a new flange onto mine and straighten everything out...

I was considering selling it, but I have a matching exhaust, so I think it will go in the newest Z. Way too much header for a bone stock engine, but it should be nice and loud! B)

IMG_1697.jpg

I've been wanting to buy one suited for my purpose but I doubt any of you header hogs want to share the love for some cash trade. :P

No can do, I'm a header hoarder. :lol:

Can I join?

I need to weld a new flange onto mine and straighten everything out...

I was considering selling it, but I have a matching exhaust, so I think it will go in the newest Z. Way too much header for a bone stock engine, but it should be nice and loud! B)

IMG_1697.jpg

Nice, Ryan. I can assure you that it will be nice and loud!

What make is the one on the right? I just picked up a used one on ebay.

On the right is a Clifford Research header, the one on the left is a Hooker Super Comp. Both are NLA, along with many other Z headers.