HybridZ

280zx brakes & rear interchangeablity

Calico

I recently purchased a 83 n/a 280zx 5 speed. It needs brakes but everyone i call doesnt stock the stock rotors or pads. 1. Does anyone know which parts chains carry them?

2. I found an 86 turbo 300zx in the junk yard, since its a turbo model is it automatically have the LSD. Are any of the parts interchangeable between the 300zx & 280zx?

3. Can the 4runner calipers bolt up tho the 280zx?

thezstore.com might have them. I know I went with their slotted rotors and PBR pads, but I had an early 280zx.

edit: Well they have the performance stuff

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PBC06

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PBC01

and the stock rotors:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/SBC02

Edited by BluDestiny

Also does anyone know the answer to question #2 & 3#?

2. I found an 86 turbo 300zx in the junk yard, since its a turbo model is it automatically have the LSD. Are any of the parts interchangeable between the 300zx & 280zx?

3. Can the 4runner calipers bolt up tho the 280zx?

Next which repair manual does everyone use?

Also does anyone know the answer to question #2 & 3#?

4.Next which repair manual does everyone use?

I'll take #2, and #4.

No, 86 didn't come with LSD in the US. 87 was the first year and only in the turbo. That's not to say that a PO may not have installed one- You'll never know untill you check it out.

Factory Service Manual(FSM) check out xenonS130 website in the refference section. It's a free download.

finally got the car home okay an realized I'm having more zx problems:

1.rear brake light switch was unplugged. any idea where this part is located?

2. I pulled a caliper to find out why i had no brakes, when i tried to use a c-clamp to compress the piston it wudnt moves, also i saw wetness/brake fluid on the pass front caliper. I put fluid in the resiovior, the pads & rotors looked okay tho.

3. I think the alt is bad, i jumped the batt, but 10 mins later the car turns off & wont start/crank.

4. the car is one of the rattliest things ive ever driven, road noise is as bad as if the rear hatch was open!! It also has some frame rust. any sources on where to buy floor pans and frame rails?

finally got the car home okay an realized I'm having more zx problems:

1.rear brake light switch was unplugged. any idea where this part is located?

2. I pulled a caliper to find out why i had no brakes, when i tried to use a c-clamp to compress the piston it wudnt moves, also i saw wetness/brake fluid on the pass front caliper. I put fluid in the resiovior, the pads & rotors looked okay tho.

3. I think the alt is bad, i jumped the batt, but 10 mins later the car turns off & wont start/crank.

4. the car is one of the rattliest things ive ever driven, road noise is as bad as if the rear hatch was open!! It also has some frame rust. any sources on where to buy floor pans and frame rails?

1. Yup - www.xenons130.com

3. What is the voltage when the car is running? EG a real multi meter unless you've calibrated the stock volt meter...

4. The chasis doesn't rattle - it's a body panel ,etc. If you're car is so rusty it rattles...