HybridZ

Radiators

dnatoli

Alright everyone, ive looked a fair bit and cannot find any info on this. What i want to do is run the aluminum aftermarket radiator made by koyo or mishimoto or something that is the specific 240z application to cool my rb25. will this really affect anything? it would save alot of headaches if i could just order that radiator and bolt it in then fit the hoses properly.

I talked to the koyorad racing department and they said they didnt know if it was possible because they havent done it. they told me to just purchase a radiator for the motor im getting and make it fit. but unfortunately, the dimensions on the 240 are so strange that its so difficult to find one that comes close. the way i see it, is that in theory the radiators should be pretty much the same, the only reason they differ is due to size.

can someone help enlighten me, or show me what theyre running and how they did it. I'd appreciate it if you could answer the question on this thread instead of sending me their build thread where i have to fish through to find the information.

thank you,

danny

In my opinion its easier to bolt a radiator to a car and fabricate coolant hoses then have easy coolant hoses and fabricate radiator mounts.

I would buy one that bolts into your car, then try and find some hoses that fit. Or chop up some hoses and run aluminum piping to make it work. Or just run some flex heater hose.

There are plenty of RB25 builds on here, why don't you browse through those? For that matter, even the V8 builds might be a good source of inspiration...

...The information is here, you just have to take the time to read through and find it ;)

PRC double pass radiator for a chevy.

PRC will do all the work to make it a bolt in for you for a really fair price. It will cost about the same as ordering one of the champion stock bolt in's.

Just tell them the inlet, outlet diameters, where you want those outlets, where you want mounts, etc. and they will do it before it ships out to you.

There are several of us on here running these radiators and I dont know anyone thats had an issue with the company or the product.

The part number is floating around here on this forum somewhere.PRC

I know all the information is on here, but I don't have internet, just the data on my super old droid so trying to read through builds for information is quite the chore. I understand the whole "look for yourself, don't bother us" attitude everyone has, but there is no thread about radiators on here. Nothing with dimensions or choices or what people have ran and it could potentially be a good go to source for people in the process of swapping or just researching into the build. I don't mean to come off as an ass or anything, but all I can get as far as info is everyone telling me to read build threads which is an entirely painstaking process when I could post a question, someone with the knowledge and experience to help a fellow car builder out.

Now back to radiators. I bought the koyo aluminum radiator designed for the 240 as a bolt in. What I plan to do is cut the oddly angled lower radiator hose and weld it back into place. Ill get some sae water hoses in the right size and tuck them away all sneaky like. Is there any objections to this plan? Anything I haven't quite thought through? Id appreciate all the knowledge and wisdom you have

Thank you,

Danny

Danny,

If you look at the pics of my radiator, http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/101003-rb-taurus-fans,

you will see that I am using a replacement z radiator with the inlet moved to one side. I took the radiator to a radiator shop and they moved it over for $80. Pretty steep, not typical work for them. This is not totally necessary you could run plumbing to the stock location.

Bill

Danny - I'm at work, but shoot me a PM. I had one special made for my RB26 and ended up using the radiator that came in with the car when I bought it,(a GT2 race/street car). I still have that ron davis -with two fans, shroud/etc.. designed to work behind a big intercooler. I would likely prefer to sell it rather than figure out what to do with it. I think I paid near $900+ for it - never used. Will let it go for a little more than half that - $500 shipped. I sized the opening specifically for the Z radiator opening, maximizing the space.

If you are interested,(or anyone else for that matter), I'll take some pics and send them your way.

-Bobby

Danny,

If you look at the pics of my radiator, http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/101003-rb-taurus-fans,

you will see that I am using a replacement z radiator with the inlet moved to one side. I took the radiator to a radiator shop and they moved it over for $80. Pretty steep, not typical work for them. This is not totally necessary you could run plumbing to the stock location.

Bill

I like what you did, and I have to go to a radiator shop anyway to have the gas tank boiled and sealed, so 80 bucks is no big deal. If things dont work out with buying bobs radiator, I will do precisely what you have done.

thank you Bill,

Danny