HybridZ

New Varrstoen V3

Support those who make quality forged wheels by not buying cheap cast knock offs. Call Dan at Complete Custom Wheel and order a set of Classics if you want that design (you can also choose the offset and size you want). If you cant afford it, go get som second hand quality wheels and refurb them. That will look a lot better and you can be proud of your wheel setup for having nice classic wheels. A nice Z deserves that.

Having Varrstoen replicas is like having shoes or t-shirts that says Nuke or Adidadis. You get the look but everyone interested can spot the fakes.

People who are on a budget don't need $2600 wheels, I personally would be interested in this because I am in college and don't have money to put on a car I paid 3k for in the first place.

I understand you do not like the copies but not everyone has the same income coming in. I wouldn't buy a nike shirt, I would just buy a 3 pack of Hanes.

Plus I daily my car on crappy LA roads, I can buy 4 sets of these wheels for the price of one pair of ccw's. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have CCWs but at this point in my life these are perfect.

• Like 1

Meh, never understood the "don't ever buy a copy wheel mentality. I understand their point, but isn't nearly everything else in life a similar venture? Let's face it, most of us don't have 2-3k to spend on JUST the wheels. Add decent tires to that and you're more 3-4k. So what if the style is a copy of something that is wildly popular. My wife can't afford a Hermes Birkin Bag at 5-8k, but we sure as heck can get her a coach that is a nice purse and looks dang close for a fraction.

If a manufacturer is obviously producing a shoddy product that is unsafe, then yes. We have an obligation to say, don't purchase, but hey, RBR varrstoen v2, ARE mesh,sign me up.

This company as well as other companies don't try to replicate the wheel as a CCW or rota as watanabe, so they are not making nuke out of Nike. They still represent their own brand. I am having custom ssr wheels made at wheel flip so I need to start spending money wisely. A s30z driver always wants to upgrade his/her car, from brakes, engine, suspension, transmission...etc. I would like to dish out $2,000 plus on wheels (with ssr I'm almost there) but I need to spend money in another department. I've seen nice wheel cars but engine and everything else is a POS. If this company or other wheel companies claim to have "so and so brand" and are fake, then that's when you stay clear away. I have never seen people judge my old rota RBr. They liked them, only a few car guys can spot a replica, but the rest of the world can't. If you are comfortable with your replica wheels, then so be it. Don't judge someone who is budget wheel buying, we have all done it.

Support those who make quality forged wheels by not buying cheap cast knock offs. Call Dan at Complete Custom Wheel and order a set of Classics if you want that design (you can also choose the offset and size you want). If you cant afford it, go get som second hand quality wheels and refurb them. That will look a lot better and you can be proud of your wheel setup for having nice classic wheels. A nice Z deserves that.

Having Varrstoen replicas is like having shoes or t-shirts that says Nuke or Adidadis. You get the look but everyone interested can spot the fakes.

Do you buy a pair of jeans for $200? Or a leather jacket that is $1000? My point is, it does it's function and the wheels are not as inferior as people wish to think. If they are, I would like to see facts that prove its inferiority and how it is dangerous to the public. For some, expensive wheels are not in my budget. I wish i COULD get them, but in reality, I will always be wearing Haynes T-shirts instead of Calvin Klein T-shirts.

I love seeing and respect both "real" and imitation brand wheels.

Edited by yhlz

I understand your point of view, but I still think direct copy wheels is a no go on any car. Replicas that uses design elements of an original design is in my opinion ok, like the Rota RBR, but I would never buy wheels of a manufacturer that laser scan the original wheels, orders sand moulds and pours aluminium into them to sell them for a profit. Thats just cynical with no respect for the industrial designer who made the wheels in the first place.

yhlz: I live in Norway, maybe the most expensive country in the world, so I have to pay atleast $300-$400 to get a pair of Levis 504 jeans and I'm unlikely to find a real leather jacket for $1000...

Edited by HaaJeHaa

• 3 weeks later...

are we done talking about clothes? good

anyways, I'm tempted to get a set of these in 16x9 0 offset and use the 25mm spacer to push them out enough for zg flares. does anyone know what combo will tuck nice and flush under stock rolled fenders? i love the look of ZG flares, but wouldn't mind the hellaflush look with some 16x9 -0 in the rear, and 16x8 +15 in the fronts. is this a good combo? does anyone see problems with a 16x9 0 offset up front under stock fenders? thanks guys...

• 2 months later...

Has anyone purchased a set of these yet? I would really like to see what they look and fit like on an S30, even a stock one.

With a little research, I have found that they are available in a version V3 with a 15x8 zero offset and a 15x9 positive 15 offset.

Also, they are available in a 16x9 with a positive 15 offset. Was hoping to see them also come in a 16x8, hopefully they may just not be available yet and they are being produced in that size.

Hey guys! Varrstoen has made 15" and 16" wheels, they look like CCW and have widths of 8 or 9". They also offer +25, +15, or 0 offset.

I got in touch with a rep and he said the back spacing is 4.5".

Here's a link to their website

http://varrstoen.com/blog/?p=2343

My question is do you guys think that I could run 16s or 15s x 9 with 0 offset if I have the ZG flares and run ground control coil sleeves? Sorry if this is a noob question but I am not good with wheel fitment at all. I want to run a decently meaty tire while still looking decently flush. I have a feeling this information will be helpful to a lot of people on this forum.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

I just installed some varrstoen v3's on my 77 280z, along with ground control coil overs this past weekend. Have a 1/4" spacer for the fronts, could have used a 1/4" spacer in the rear too, but it was to late to go to the store to find one, so I just had to grind the perch in the rear 2-3mm to make them fit. 16x9 +15... with bf goodrich g-force 205/45/16

post-1758-054780500 1349662464_thumb.jpg

The 15x9 have the same backspacing as the 16x9, so yes, you would need coilovers and a 1/4 spacer for the fronts (unless you grind the perch) and poss. for the rear too, depending how far you want to push the rims out. If you have stretched tires, you can use a 10-15mm spacer for the rear. Otherwise, if you are running 225's or wider on them, you would need to probably roll the fenders.