HybridZ

CHTS or water temp sensor?

CHTS has the same type 2-pin Bosch connector that the injectors use. In reality, the sensor is the same (has the same temperature curve and resistance values) as the water temp sensor - but my water temp sensor (Nissan calls it a "Thermal Transmitter" - for the cockpit gauge) has a different connector (single wire) than the CHTS.

The Thermotime Switch looks a lot like the CHTS, but can't be used as one. It's merely a switch that "turns on" at high water temperature - it tells the injector fan to run when you shut the engine down. I don't use mine - no "hair dryer" on my turbo swap...

The CHTS will have a resistance value that changes with temperature (chart is in the FSM). The thermotime switch will only show "open" or "closed" circuit when tested with an Ohm meter.

While we are on the topic, can someone verify if the chts reading is used for fuel calculation? My car is running very rich and the chts is giving low resistance. Does it tell the ecu that the cars cold so dump more fuel?

My afm is also off, but could a junk chts throw off the fuel reading by a notable difference?