HybridZ

Where did you mount your pcm/fusebox ?

Where did you guys mount your pcm and fuse box ? Pics would be nice if you have them. I just need idea's, my battery(braille type) will be mounted behind the passenger seat and I was thinking of putting the pcm where the stock battery goes mounted on the fire wall. Any help would is deeply appreciated.

The stock battery area seems to be the best location for me too. Any issues with water or heat in that area ?

280ZCAR, your location is NICE ! I wish my harness would allow me to put mine inside at that location !

So far no problems in the battery location, although my car doesn't see much rain and I rarely wash it.  I have my PCM mounted to the inner fender with 4 sheetmetal screws using short pieces of rubber fuel hose as cushions.  At least that keeps it under the little inspection lid and out of the rain, plus it is off the "floor."   My thought was that by keeping all the wiring on the engine side of the firewall, it would be easier to disconnect from the chassis and pull the engine wiring harness and the engine as a unit for future servicing.  I LOVE using "weather pack" connectors for all my wiring jobs.

Edited by RebekahsZ

Put mine under the passenger side dash, well technically its in the passenger floorboard, but ready for brackets to be made to hold it up in the dash lol. Originally had it next to the battery in the original location, but it was a bit tight and I wanted a cleaner look.

-Will

I mounted mine at the base of the firewall inside the car on the passenger side as shown below.  This is an older photo and I've since cleaned up the wiring, etc.

So no leg room for a passenger ? Where in SoCal are you ?

So no leg room for a passenger ? Where in SoCal are you ?

Plenty of leg room for the passenger unless they are 6+ feet tall, even then its not too bad.  I am 5-ft 10-in. and my right leg is slightly bent, my left leg is able to extend fully (straight out).

I live in Diamond Bar.

I'm not anywhere close to this part in my project but my idea was to lower the stock location for the battery (it's rusted out and needs replacing anyways) so I can fit an Optima there with a weather tight, easily removable fuse box mounted above it and putting the PCM on the passenger side's kicker panel. I like fuse boxes in the engine bay because my fat butt can hardly get under any kind of dash board.

I'm not anywhere close to this part in my project but my idea was to lower the stock location for the battery (it's rusted out and needs replacing anyways) so I can fit an Optima there with a weather tight, easily removable fuse box mounted above it and putting the PCM on the passenger side's kicker panel. I like fuse boxes in the engine bay because my fat butt can hardly get under any kind of dash board.

You'd go apopletic if you had to change my fuses.  I put a Painless 12 circuit fuse block on the interior side of the firewall where the heater core used to be located.....

I wanted to put the PCM on the passenger side kick panel, but I have a 6-in. speaker there as shown in the picture, as well as Maxi-fuse block (2 fuses) for the fuel pump and electric fan.  My relays are above the "PCM" fuse block which is located immediately above and slightly to the left of the PCM.