HybridZ

cam gear

SHANE

uhh dont have any pics. here is a link to a poor quality video of me racing ARI YALLON at an IDRC race. my time in my sig is on slicks, this run is on street tires. dont have any video of my car on slicks icon_sad.gifhttp://206.124.12.142/hai/shane_vs_rx7.mpg

this run was a low 12, god i hate street tires

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: SHANE ]

Shane,

Might want to call ZDR. in Roanoke, Va. He had the Malvern Racing adjustable unit on his F Prepared car and couldn't keep the unit tightened... Cam gear bolt kept backing out... eventually wiping out a complete built 31 head.

Mike

Are you talking about the main cam gear bolt that holds the whole unit in place? It uses an actual Nissan stock cam gear that is modified. Also, the timing is lock in by a set screw and would have to be sheared to move the timing. Even if that screw cam out it could only go +/- 6 deg. It sounds as if that guy wasn't doing something right.

240Z Turbo, All I know is Zdr. has built some very impressive Zs and he was MY ONLY competition back in the mid 90s while racing Solo2. During one season in the late 90s is Caramel colored Z stopped showing at events and when I asked, he replied that the Main Cam bolt (The large unit in the center of the gear threading into the center of the cam) walked out several times, and eventually came out far enough causing the cam gear to walk past the keyway. I can't speak to what he may or may not have done, but Dave is one sharp dude normally... All I know is he claimed that his Malvern prepared N31 head was completely trashed because of his Malvern adjustable cam gear... I couldn't figure out how it kept bamcking out...

Mike icon_confused.gif

hey we all really need to see your 500hp straight six thats bone stock inside, please show me...

first off who said 500hp???????? never been on the dyno.

you want to see it fine drop by and look.

sleeperz has seen it. nothing much to look at. 130,000 miles and counting. no big feat really, these motors are bulletproof and will stand up to anything as long as there is enough fuel, and pre ignition is kept in check.