HybridZ

broken hood release cable

snakeyes

Get yourself a universal choke cable and attach it to your release mechanism as straight as you can to exit through into the wheel well.

Next time, you just use the alternate release.

I know a guy that has electric solenoids and shaved door handles. His release is a PTO Cable. Battery dies, he can still open the driver's door.

An alternate is a heavy duty door solenoid...punch the button, hood opens!

Now is the time to change and upgrade!

• Like 1

Ha-ha Yesss! I finally got the hood off.  I neglected to mention that I have a Chevy 350 motor in the Z.  So unfortunately releasing the hood from under the car proved to be an impossibility.  luckily I was able to disconnect the hood hinges at the front (after I removed the grill).  I later made this tool with zipties, a wire hook and one of those cheap roadside reflectors. My picture shows the back side of it. Stuck the tool through the gap on the drivers side of the hood to Hook -N-Pull.  Thanks  Guys for your help! attachment=48403:hood tool.jpg]post-27538-0-15999000-1361752948_thumb.jpgpost-27538-0-34295400-1361752958_thumb.jpg

post-27538-0-61508400-1361752882_thumb.jpg