HybridZ

Datsun 260Z Turbo S15 6 Speed TechnoToyTuning

https://www.google.com/search?q=hot+rod+stainless+overflow&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=ZVg&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=jU_6U82wHs6BygTO8oK4Aw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=477

These are small and easy to mount. I saw someone made one from some kind of ABS pipe last minute before an autocross because they were worried about tech, but not sure how heat resistant the pipe and glue would be.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just had the fuel system supply, pumps returns redone.

That took the better part of 2 days. Alex (tooquick260) won't post it but I will.

This is his dad, I put the fuel setup in the car, wrong of course. I put the surge tank in where the battery was and thought I plumbed it correctly, but didn't.

Removed surge tank, removed low pressure pump that did fill the surge tank. Moved the msd2225 high pressure to the rear. Now the car does not run out of fuel. I have reserved the dyno again next Saturday to get the fine tuning redone since the last tune and money Alex spent was wasted.

Live to learn and learn to live. I expect a few more ponies now. Well, I will go back to lurking from afar. Alex and his brother for the past year have said that there was a problem there.

HA. .. I have been hot rodding and racing for 32 years what do those young whipper snappers know.

Well got the brakes swapped. No more touchy brakes.

Installed the Aem gauges.

Installed the strut brace.

Installed the safety harness belt

Installed a front grill in the lower section of the front above the air dam.

Cleaned up the wiring.

But the bad news. I think I have a slight knock. Will change the oil inspect the oil, that comes out. Low oil pressure on idle on idle, holds and rises during acceleration. Stay tuned

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well trip to AMP was a tedious one. On the way lost 2 tires on the trailer. They were 7 years old. Should have replaced before the trip. Only took an hour to get all 4 replaced.

20141009_152337_zpsoavrfvgy.jpg

Get to the hotel, go thru tech. Sleep, quick is sick. Get up the next morning 5 ish. Head to the track with a caravan of 20 plus Z`s and Gas. It was about a 15 mile and fun roads if your not pulling a trailer.

Quick decides not to drive the car because of the engine noises. So he rides ina race car and we take in the sites and sounds of the day. Got bored at 2 loaded up and headed back to Orlando.

We took the pan off and removed the bearings. Polished the rod journals and reassembled. He is waiting on gaskets and new oil pump. Enjoy the pics.

Edited by 98blackbell

Well trip to AMP was a tedious one. On the way lost 2 tires on the trailer. They were 7 years old. Should have replaced before the trip. Only took an hour to get all 4 replaced.

20141009_152337_zpsoavrfvgy.jpg
Get to the hotel, go thru tech. Sleep, quick is sick. Get up the next morning 5 ish. Head to the track with a caravan of 20 plus Z`s and G`s. It was about a 15 mile and fun roads if your not pulling a trailer.

Quick decides not to drive the car because of the engine noises. So he rides ina race car and we take in the sites and sounds of the day. Got bored at 2 loaded up and headed back to Orlando.

We took the pan off and removed the bearings. Polished the rod journals and reassembled. He is waiting on gaskets and new oil pump.

Edited by 98blackbell