HybridZ

Datsun 260Z Turbo S15 6 Speed TechnoToyTuning

Well looks like I have a problem. Took the car out for some video and an errand and it started smoking. Here are some pics of plug, and video. Going to do a leak down test to determine more of what it is. 

20131124_182047_zps90erhnlq.jpg20131124_183448_zps6oiggj5s.jpg20131124_183501_zps8nsjob3p.jpg

As you can see a little wet with oil. Can only be ring/piston, guide or seal. There are no metal noises and there was no bang during operation so has to be seal I am guessing.

The video is over 3 minutes. You can see me pull over on the side of the road and the smoke pass by on the right hand side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdL8k93G67Y

Edited by tooquick260

MS2 with an outdated firmware. Was set up for an L though, and came with the harness, connectors, stim kit and a random sensor that I'm not going to use for $400. Had to buy a trigger wheel and IAT sensor which I'm going to try and get set up on my S13 in NA form first. I'm been talking with flatblack about how to set it up, and I've messed with the tuning tables with the stim.

Thats great... Nice to have one already setup. I will let you know what I go with. I am looking at MS3, its over the top but I have tried the short cuts and it never works. Going Chevy truck coils for coil on plug and using the sequential setup as well. GM 3bar map, IAT and they said I can use my AEM air/fuel gauges data wire to have a wide band.

You appear to have the longer ampseal harnesses, so soldering should not be needed.

I installed a sequencer in the factor location using two of the 30 inch microsquirt harnesses,

and only needed a short extension for the coil near plug install.

In addition to or instead of a soldering iron I would suggest a weatherpak kit from DIY

and a decent crimper . I used one listed on Amazon that was not really designed for the

weatherpak pin, but worked OK with care.

One thing that helped me was to make a spreadsheet table with three columns, ecu pin (function),

wire color, connector pin, which allowed me to follow a step by step plan and allowed me to spot

a couple mistakes as I made them, such as wiring coil 4 to the coil 5 pin.  I credit the wiring plan

with allowing me to start the car with no alterations to the planned wiring on my 1st MS project

with only 30 minutes of futzing with the trigger angle.  I also made engine side stub harnesses for

the coils, injectors and sensors in advance so I could disconnect subsystems easily, which also

let me layout the ECU side harness  avoiding heat sources and other such concerns.