HybridZ

Ok you wheel experts here is what I have:

Fronts: 17x9.5 with -13 offset 4.7" backspace.
Rears: 17x11 with -13 offset 5.5" back space.

I want to re-barrel the wheels so I can have them fit under stock body lines. I know the easiest way is to sell what I have and buy new but I think I can save a few dollars doing it the other way. Plus I can sell the wider sections to someone here who wants to run big flares. Right now this setup currently work with the wider ZG flares I use to run on my 71 240z. I know I can get away with 17x8 or 17x 8.5 0 offset under stock lines. I am runninf coilovers on the new 74 260z so I am trying to figure should I measure the thickness of the mounting surface that would mate up with the wheel hub and calculate how wide I can go from there. What is "normal" backspacing on a 8 inch wheel with 0 offset?

I was using this calculator here:

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

The only piece of the wheels that need to be replaced are the outer rings. Inners will still work as the strut tube to hub hat face is the same on both cars. You are only concerned with how far "out" the outter edge of the rim is.

I hear you guys, I have to take a look at the wheels, I know back spacing changes with the width of the rim and mine would be different on both wheels if the width is the different with the same offset but some reason in my head, I thought the hub face on the wheels were different thickness.

Will report back......thanks guys!

Of course you could take some material off the back of the center ring though there isn't much there. A 1/4 inch might be all you need. more camber would help as well. I have CCW 16X8s and will be running 245s all the way around. I plan on making small cuts in the inner front lip and then rolling it. With 2 degree neg I should be okay.

Yeps, all around. Got camberplates to adjust a little negative for the clearance. Got the same specs front and rear but 3,5" lip in front for brake clearance (thicker center) and 4" rear.

post-11562-0-24895000-1368392150_thumb.jpg

post-11562-0-83408700-1368392159_thumb.jpg

post-11562-0-11130700-1368392171_thumb.jpg

Edited by HaaJeHaa

Haajehaa -

if your wheels are the same width all the way around and same -10 offset, how are the lips different sizes?  With the same width and offset, the back spacing should be the same all the way around.

I got thicker wheel centers (high disc) in front for big brake clearance and thin center rear (low disc). That's why the lips are different sizes and the offset/back space/specs are the same. I did this for maximum rear lip and therefore rear wheels doesn't fit in front. Beauty of 3 pc custom wheels! See quick paint drawn visualization:

post-11562-0-78193500-1368435479_thumb.jpg

The tires are new for this season;) I have driven on this setup, no rubbing issues. I can easily fit my hand between the tire and fender when the car is parked. The geometry of the Z's suspension makes the camber even more negative when loaded making room for suspension travel.

My complete setup:

77 280z w/ 240z styling

CCW Classic 16x9.5 et -10

225/45-16 (stretched)

Bolt-in camber plates (biscuit type), maxed out negative at all 4 corners. Don't fear the camber!

Arizona Z  Car coilovers

Arizona Z Car rear LCA's

Rolled fender lips

(SIlver Mine Motors BBK f/r)

Flush up front, a little poke in the rear (3mm).

It takes some work to have it fit, altough nothing impossible. This isn't a performance setup, more show than go, although it's still usable on good roads.

Edited by HaaJeHaa

My advice to you is to start measuring at the rideheight you wan't. Use www.willtheyfit.com for calculation of wheel specs (poke measurements).

My specs where made after about 2 full days of measuring and playing with the adjustments.

Edited by HaaJeHaa