HybridZ

Great Swap deal in CO

Hey everyone

was checking craigslist for a t56 transmission and found this posting! Looks like a pretty great deal for anyone interested in an ls swap!(I'm personally planning to stick with a carbed engine)

Sorry if this should have been in the parts for sale section but my account is fairly new so it won't let me post anything there. Also, I figured since I'm not the one selling it maybe it would be okay to post here! I promise I am not the seller, just saw what appeared to be a great deal and wanted to hopefully help a fellow Z enthusiast out!

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/3918044601.html

Cheers

Looks like it was going to be part of some kind of swap. Corvettes don't have LTH either.

I got my car with the LS1 and T56 already in it for 4k about 4 years ago. It had lots of upgrades. People do strange things.

Worth a call.

Edited by rags

Out of curiosity I did email and ask if he was willing to sell the trans and engine separately. Got a fairly rude response

Email 1: "No"

Email 2(30 seconds later): "You can't even get just a t56 for the price of the whole package hahahaha"

Not sure how a good price on a whole package makes the idea of separating the package into two smaller good deals is such a crazy idea but whatever. 

If anyone is seriously interested in the whole package I wouldn't mind going and checking it out for someone, but I agree with all of you that it seems pretty fishy.

In that case I will buy it if someone checks it out and it is legit someine who is willing to go please hit me up via pm

Call the dude , the # is in the ad, ask for pictures, use the USPS as a back up for legal issues if any, my dos centavos.