HybridZ

The new Z for real

PLATA

I think the only thing that worries me about this is a 4 cylinder. The Z (not including the original fairlady roadster) has always been powered by a 6 cylinder, and keeping with the Z naming conventions if they move to a 2.4 cylinder 4 banger renaming it a 240z might be considered a step backwards. I am all for a lighter, better handling, cheap and efficient Z though. I look forward to seeing it!

Gonna need more info before believing that's the new Z, but I do actually like it. I think the point of the exercise is to revive the the concept of the affordable sports car and compete with the FR-S, and that probably can't be done in the same same price range with 6 cylinder, a turbo 4 would be a fine replacement IMO. As for styling, it also doesn't bother me that it isn't such a throw back to the original aesthetically, the retro-modern thing has been played out by domestic brands.  Like the FR-S is the the AE86, it's the design philosophy that's carried over, not the silouette. 

If it is rear drive and if they keep cost and weight  down, I really don't care what it is powered by.  Quite honestly everyone who has had a N/A S30 with no mods complained about how little power they had.  Heritage be damned... Give me something that MAKES MORE POWER!!!  :icon10:

I hope it is has more gutts than that damned Subayota disappointment.

Mike