HybridZ

1987 Pathfinder 4x4 2door score!!

280zex

got my hands on a 2 door Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 5 speed, 235,000 miles, 1 owner!! Has all maintenance records, and original owners manual. This thing is super clean!! never smoked in, has original cassette tape deck radio. I did get the car fax to prove ownership.

2 things need attention, 1-the brake warning light stays on and the brake pedal pulses when applying hard pressure. 2-the low fuel light stays on, the fuel level indicator does work.

The engine compartment needs cleaning as it appears that the passenger side valve cover has a small leak.

What really surprised me is that the VG30 is carbureted!! I thought they were all fuel injected??? Time for some research....

post-1621-0-39594800-1391907326_thumb.jpg

Yup its Canadian! XE v6, mfr date 10-1986. Absolutely no rust what so ever :-) we got 3inches of snow here in the greater Seattle area over night so I got a good Chance to play with the 4x4. Everything works perfectly. I will post some interior pix later, its in flawless condition!

Ya I know PLATA she is not good on gas milage. I am hoping that I can replace the engine with a newer fuel injected vg30. it has 235k miles and I'm sure that's plenty to justify a rebuild and stock fi upgrade. I'm surfing the innerwebz trying to find out if I can upgrade my VG with a newer fi manifold. also I need to find a stock Nissan fi computer and wire harness.

The VG33 is different enough from the VG30E that it won't swap straight in.  Mainly because the body style changed at the same time.  but people are doing it.  Here's a couple threads I've saved.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/33053-vg33e-96-2000-pathfinder-or-2000-2004-xterrafrontier/

http://forums.nicoclub.com/true-differences-vg30-vs-vg33-t337554.html