HybridZ

Custom trailer for Z-car?

RebekahsZ

Oh no, I'm a dog lover, for sure-just gave mine a bath before typing this.  I was including myself when I said "ruining the thread."  I'm a willing accomplice-bring on the puppies!  Sorry it came across harsh-I should have typed: "WE are ruining the thread."  And "ruin" has a more harsh sound than I intended, too.  Should have said either "wandering off topic," or said nothing at all.  Honestly, I didn't mind a bit, in fact I was joining-in with the discussion with a little joke.  Truly sorry.

Edited by RebekahsZ

"Oh no, I'm a dog lover"

Punctuation is everything...

"Dog Lover"

or 

Dog "Lover"

???

At least you aren't showering with it... I get a vision of Jeff Lebowski and The Marmot in the Tub when I read that....

post-380-0-87532100-1413796470_thumb.jpg

Introducing KagKag D'Azkal... he hangs around the house area.

I wonder why all the single-axle trailers I see are from UK, NZ or Australia.

The same reason one of your "Pickups" parked next to one of our "Utes" invites a David vs Goliath meme...

Never saw this back in March.

It was a serious question, not in jest. Thought perhaps it had to do with taxation per axle or road use fees per axle. But most of the small innovative lighter trailers seem to come from outside the US. Fuel cost? Limited driveway space in the quaint villages? Maybe all of the above?

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned enclosed trailers. I bought mine in '06 and it's still in great shape. Continental Cargo brand, not the greatest but just fine after 8 years.

The trailer with my Z in it weighs under 4200 lbs actual. 16'x7' (narrow clearance but it fits if you're skinny like me and can weasel through a barely open door).

[EDIT -- I thought an enclosed trailer for under 2000# was pretty light. This trailer hauls just fine, though I do use a weight-distribution hitch to help out my old Chevy pickup a bit. Highly recommend one to everyone hauling their car, no matter what the trailer. Hauls nicely!]

My next enclosed trailer will be 8' wide... the narrow clearance wasn't worth the savings in trailer cost in retrospect. I also won't get a v-nose next time. The aerodynamic / hauling mpg benefits are negligible. I'd rather have the extra real estate inside the trailer.

Evidently I've only ever taken a picture of it when it was new:

post-657-0-27981900-1414009816_thumb.jpg

Edited by zredbaron

well, here most cars don't have V8's, and what do have V8's have no towball.

Cars are on the whole, just that much smaller, I towed my 280ZX home from Christchurch to the farm using a 2 litre Hilux, I've towed another car I owned in the past with a 1.8 litre mitsubishi. 

Just a cultural difference, where you have huge big 6.2L V8 diesels in a F150 et al, we'll do the same job with a 3L 4-banger in a smaller vehicle. It might take longer and it might mean more loads, But when we AREN"T towing, fuel consumption is lower.

Not a small consideration when petrol is over $2 a litre, or somthing like $8 a US gallon.

So the tax isn't so much axles, as fuel consumption.