HybridZ

Moving 240z with forklift

I am buying two 240z and I contacted the company delivering them, to see what was taking them so long. They told me they were waiting on a FORKLIFT! Unless this is a specially modified one I don't see how they could move them without damaging the car. So is this ok or should I stop them immediately.

Edited by 96 firebird

I picked mine up with a forklift to put it on stands to blast under it, but the car had bad dog rails and was gutted to Just a shell. If it had the weight if the engine and trans especially on a 240 I think the floor would crush in before it started to lift.

With extended forks a 5K forklift will be no different lifting it than any two,post garage lift would!

Most forklifts employed in car movement use a fork attachment similar to tow trucks that swivel to cradle the rear wheels....then lift them and drive the car from the rear with a. Locked steering column.

Fine if you can stand being driven from the rear,

Those afraid of this have never "seen the sausage being made"!

I'll add that CFR RINKENs, probably the worlds largest car shipper uses forklifts extensively with the attachments Imdescribe.

Most tow yards in LAVA as well.....

Using a forklift is industry standard...like I said before, but to restate more directly: some people live a sheltered life... There is nothing inherently wrong here....

If they have 8' Forks and a 5K or larger forklift, lifting it onto a flatbed is no great shakes. If they are going to "a dock" sounds like containerised transport.

This is done every day, and no damage occurs. In fact I'd say lifting your car with a scissors jack that came with it likely does more damage at this point!