HybridZ

Longer Wheel studs

Hey guys, been a while that I been off on the forums, but I am back. I been working in on this Z and this girl isn't stock anymore. I got a pair of 2" wheel spacers for the front to widen my track width because I installed a complete 87 C4 Corvette rear ifs into my Z. The front studs are not long enough, the spacer lug bolts are only grabbing a quarter of the threads, that will worries me if I drive it like that. Can anyone point out where I can get a set of correct 2" studs for the stock hub?

Sorry if this a basic question, I just want to get the right stuff when it come to wheels. Here's some picture of my Z for your troubles.

Thanks!

post-24885-0-11996900-1395772618_thumb.jpg

post-24885-0-73426700-1395774381_thumb.jpg

post-24885-0-48473500-1395774420_thumb.jpg

Just went and looked at my set, the ARP studs are "Late Model GM", ARP part number 100-7708.

Thanks guys! Just what I need, I just need to pop those old ones out and put these in, I was hoping to keep it 12x 1.25. Oh well as long they press in nice and tight then I'm happy.

Hey mal-tiempo, when they are pressed into the hub how long they come out?

Buy the NISMO long Stud Kit for a 350Z... So you get 20 studs instead of 16... PFFFT! Maybe you need spares if something breaks , right?

That's what I used on my S30

Courtesy Nissan likely ships to your door. 1.25 thread pitch... Drops (presses) right in!

/\ Tony has good point.

I did the M12 x 1.5 ARP studs and finding suitable lug nuts was a PITA.

I needed small O.D. With external splines and open ends and the M12x1.25 would have been easier to source.

Edited by duragg

12x1.5 is a more common size than 12x1.25. Toyota, Mazda, I believe Mitsubishi, the Camaro, etc all use this size. You can buy generic lug nuts for both sizes at the auto parts store. I just bought some for my Miata when I took the wheel locks off. Not a problem. You can get aluminum splined nuts for Miatas all over the place.

Edited by JMortensen

A note for anybody putting extended studs in an aluminum spacer/adapter. Use the washer and nut method to PULL the studs in. I recently pressed some in and they went in a little crooked. Not a problem going I to steel-just a few taps with a rubber dead blow to align them. But the steel studs smoosh the aluminum and you trash the spacers if they go in the least bit crooked. NEXT time, I'm gonna pull em in.

If you pull, use a torque wrench (beam indicating deflection pointer style) to monitor your turning torque. It's easy to overdo it and pass the stretch limit of the stud and that just sets up a lugnut and broken stud flying off someplace!

I used S14 studs as they were available at the local parts store, and if memory serves me correct, they were 42mm in length, plenty for the 8mm spacers I was running, not sure if they'd cut it for your bolt in spacers. I was actually in search of a certain year, I believe rear Nissan quest stud which I believe is the longest OEM 12x1.25 thread stud that fits our hubs,and comes in somewhere around 50mm/2". They weren't available local to me, but if you don't live on an desolate island in the North Atlantic you could probably find them at your local parts store/dealer. 

Edited by m1ghtymaxXx

• 1 month later...