HybridZ

Anyone running/opinion on Stance coilover from Sakura Garage?

HI all,

This is my first post.  Sorry for noob questions, I have been diggin on here for answers.  

looking to put coils on my 71 240z this spring and have been looking at many options.  Ran across the Stance coilover from Sakura Garage, and  I found a thread on Desertz, but looking for info on here. (nothing objective, seemed like product sponsored thread?)

Cool looking camber plates, but I can't find anything on the really on how these coils/dampening would stack up against a koni T3 set up/GC . (like that they are ride height adjustable independent of preload like the azc set ups

Like the idea of a bolt in camber plate, as welding layers in the hats seems sketchy to me (maybe been reading to much advertising?)  

Price is right, and I am still waiting on updates from BC, but I am ready to order, and would love to not be dicking around getting the right dampers.

Any help would be great guys. 

Thanks all!

JT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two guys here in Arizona are currently running the Sakura/Stance kit on their Z's. They are both members on the Desert D forum and this forum I believe. You don't have any direct/specific questions in your post so it is hard to respond. (You mention how they stack up against a Koni/T3 setup, but what are your criteria for the comparison?) What are your goals for the car? Some form of competition, or just be low?  If it's the latter than comparison is pointless.

Sorry.  Yes I am looking how they stack up.  Ie quality, perfromance of dampers, any one running them have an opinion

Cutting springs will get me plenty low hhahahahaha

I am looking to  run a few track days(10 or so) a season and some spirited drives.  We live next to some nice sections of swicthbacks.

Car is a 71 240 with an l28 and 5 speed with r180 with a 3.90

Would love to hear from the 2 guys in arizona

Thanks JavelinZ for the help!

-JT

Hey kona,

I'm one of the guys with the stance set-up from sakura. I can;t speak much about the technical aspects of suspension because I don't know much about it but I can give you my opinion on how the car feels. First off, the product is great and it looks awesome. It has a nice thick strut and its easy to adjust the dampening, even though I havent played much with it......maybe I should to see how the ride changes. My car sits really low but the ride is still smooth. I'm running 6k springs all around. I've gone fast through corners and fast through bumps and the car sticks pretty good to the ground. I would totally recommend this product. I have no regrets. I think it rides great.

post-40747-0-75626900-1399705600_thumb.png

Edited by rome03

Hey kona,

I'm one of the guys with the stance set-up from sakura. I can;t speak much about the technical aspects of suspension because I don't know much about it but I can give you my opinion on how the car feels. First off, the product is great and it looks awesome. It has a nice thick strut and its easy to adjust the dampening, even though I havent played much with it......maybe I should to see how the ride changes. My car sits really low but the ride is still smooth. I'm running 6k springs all around. I've gone fast through corners and fast through bumps and the car sticks pretty good to the ground. I would totally recommend this product. I have no regrets. I think it rides great.

Any plans on tracking the car in the near future?

Ok,  I am at the point of deciding if to go with the swift springs or not and what rates to run.  Thinking 6k all round.  Think this will be good for the odd track day and still quite streetable. 

Working in metric spring rates has been hard on my noodle.