HybridZ

Billet L28 intake manifold underway

ISL33P

Very pretty!  How is the distribution to the siamesed runners?  Distribution in 1, 5, and 6 has been an issue with these long engines before.. and is often a persistent one with the front mounted TB.  All that aside its a beautiful piece, as is your other works (I follow on instagram) and I love the bolt on plenum.

Not bad at all actually. Since I have tried to separate them as much as possible to reduce the negative effect the pair ports have. Traditionally all plenums with a throttle moved away from runner one will flow a little less but I do my best to negate this with the straightest path possible. I have found adding a tight radius the plenum toward #1 reduces the flow and then causes turbulence and effecting cylinder #2 aswell, hence the slightest bend possible. I am just finishing this design so I might end up just making it straight once I am done.

There are several reason for this modification:

- remove the factory setup which can become restrictive

- take advantage of a higher flowing manifold but more importantly something that flows more evenly between cylinders

- it is a complete two piece manifold which bolts together and has an o'ring on all mating faces

I am also working on an ITB setup for the naturally aspirated guys