HybridZ

Inline Fuel Pressure Gauge

I'm planning on installing an inline fuel pressure gauge in the engine compartment of my stock EFI 1978 280Z. I would appreciate suggestions as to where to locate it (outgoing line from the fuel filter, in the fuel rails prior to the regulator, etc.). Where have other members placed their fuel pressure gauges? Any help (especially pics) would be appreciated as always. 

post-49397-0-47578500-1476900410_thumb.jpgpost-49397-0-30108300-1476900492_thumb.jpg

Edited by dmoralesbello

There is a fuel pressure  sending unit for some OEM EFI systems that runs on the same 5V power... pretty accurate and used in the newer systems to trim injector pulsewidth for proper emissions calibration. They also have a temperature  sensor, so basically they are now calculating BTU content of the fuel by density and adjusting accordingly.

A little  circuit board work, and you could have a nice accurate gauge (might be something out there already...)

Far better than most analog gauges I've seen/tested in the engine bays on most cars. FWIW

There is a fuel pressure  sending unit for some OEM EFI systems that runs on the same 5V power... pretty accurate and used in the newer systems to trim injector pulsewidth for proper emissions calibration. They also have a temperature  sensor, so basically they are now calculating BTU content of the fuel by density and adjusting accordingly.

A little  circuit board work, and you could have a nice accurate gauge (might be something out there already...)

Far better than most analog gauges I've seen/tested in the engine bays on most cars. FWIW

Great suggestion Tony! I will look into that and report.

The Mr. Gasket fuel pressure gauge kit off amazon worked well for me on my triple weber conversion.  My fuel in line runs from my filter to the firewall, along the firewall to the drivers side then to the rearmost carburetor first and I mounted the gauge with a little home made bracket that bolts up to where the throttle linkage bolts to the firewall.

The Mr. Gasket fuel pressure gauge kit off amazon worked well for me on my triple weber conversion. My fuel in line runs from my filter to the firewall, along the firewall to the drivers side then to the rearmost carburetor first and I mounted the gauge with a little home made bracket that bolts up to where the throttle linkage bolts to the firewall.

Keep in mind that efi and carb systems operate in completely different pressure ranges, so a carb gauge won't work for efi and vise versa

I'm planning on installing an inline fuel pressure gauge in the engine compartment of my stock EFI 1978 280Z

Yes indeed. EFI fuel pressure should be around 55psi and the appropriate gauge reads o to 100 psi. Thanks for the heads up.

The two red things don't go together.  

Edited by NewZed