HybridZ

MFactory R200 Helical LSD

exlifesaver

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

TurboDan

Thank you for inquiring about the MFactory R200 LSD.

Price is $925.00 shipped to the lower 48 states. I have one available at this time. Toward the end of June others will be available. I'm not sure about the numbers you are using . This is a Helical LSD. It's locked on acceleration and deceleration.

your '75 280Z I believe has the 3.545 gearing 29 spline stub axles. If you can define the numbers you listed I may be able to assist you better. The ways numbers may be associated with clutch type LSD's maybe.

Thank you

Contact me any time.

Chip

One way limits slip on accel (common for FWD). 1.5 way limits some on decel, more on accel. 2 way does both accel and decel equally.

FWIW, a limited slip doesn't "lock" but a locker does. That means even if you lift one tire off the ground, the tire on the ground will still get power. A limited slip limits, unload a tire and it will spin. High end 1.5 ways are adjustable by changing the ramp angles on the cross pin shaft. If you do sim racing you can see adjustments for percentage lock under accel and decel, that's adjusting the slip for each.

Here is a screen from Assetto Corsa. This fully adjustable limited slip is set up basically like a 2 way. Should probably back off that decel a bit, but it's fairly stable under braking. 2 ways are nice for drifters because they tend to make the car loose on corner entry. If I jacked up the power and coast settings the car would act more like a welded rear end. If I lowered them all the way it would be like having no LSD at all. Helicals can be set up to do any of the 3 options, 1, 1.5, or 2 way.

limit.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both Chip and Jon for that info...  I am still researching the different diff's available and the Mfactory seems to have very good reviews (at least from other car models, haven't seen many Datsuns with them except for a few on here).

I did have another question regarding the 10mm vs 12mm bolts (I honestly do not know what i have yet, but I do think it's a 3.54 gear ratio).  You had mentioned in an older post about shims, is that info needed or has this diff been modified to accommodate either bolt size?

At least now I understand that this is a torsen style diff, so much less maintenance (less gear oil changes and no clutches to wear out).  The one downfall I've read is some aggressive courses with curbs that get one tire in the air will force it to lose traction, but I don't think i'll be in that scenario often.  I'm 95% street, and occasional autocross in a flat parking lot (for now).

Thanks guys.
Dan

Dan

The LSD has 10 and 12 mm bolts holes. Yes your "75 280Z is a 3.545

The shims on either side of the open diff. are reusable on the MFactory. Just remember to put them back on the correct side. The shims could be different sizes by a small amount. Matter of fact when disassembling make sure whats on the right side of the diff goes back and same on the left side. Same with bearing caps and mark them with a marker as to the up position as they were removed.

Thank you

Chip

• 4 months later...

Shoutout to Chip for awesome communication and customer service.  I got my Mfactory LSD quickly, and my 280z is a different animal now.  No more one legging coming out of sharp turns, and a much better launch (haven't really gone crazy dumping the clutch or anything, but a few chirps and she's gone). 

Thank you sir!  Here's a recent video from the last autocross event. :)

30BCEE04-68B3-492F-B780-2291A6C2AA84.JPG

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Northern Z said:

I'm interested if still available and do you ship to Canada

Thanks

LSD's still available, $949.99                      (Northern Z)

Shipping and any custom fees you will have to pay.

To get an estimate on shipping I will need your name and full shipping address

Thank you for inquiring

Chip

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...